Forum Index > Trail Talk > New guidebook: 105 Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
StephenHui
Hiker

StephenHui
Hiker
PostSun May 06, 2018 11:23 pm 
Like many local hikers, I grew up reading 103 Hikes in Southwestern British Columbia by Mary and David Macaree. So, writing the all-new follow-up to this classic guidebook was a daunting task. On May 26, Greystone Books will publish 105 Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia. My first edition of this guide expands upon the area covered by 103 Hikes, featuring select trails in Washington’s North Cascades and the islands of the Salish Sea on both sides of the Canada–U.S. border. To be clear, 105 Hikes is not a revised edition of 103 Hikes; it's a completely new book. I’ve added ratings for quality and difficulty, full-colour photos and topo maps, and shorter or longer options for many outings. (See the table of contents.) A portion of the revenue from sales of 105 Hikes will benefit the B.C. Mountaineering Club. I look forward to seeing my fellow hikers put the book to good use, and I welcome your feedback and suggestions for future editions. For more info, visit: 105hikes.com

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message