Forum Index > Gear Talk > OR Echo shirts
Previous :: Next Topic  
Jeff
Ramen Elitist

Jeff

Ramen Elitist
PostSun Apr 21, 2019 4:43 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Despite not hearing any praises or complaints on durability, I picked one of these up to try out this weekend. The material is the same grid pattern stuff that Patagonia uses on some of their capilene. IE, the borders of the grids are basically already holes. Sure enough the shirt had a bunch of holes after two days of carrying a pack. Might be good for running or boating but a waste of money for carrying a pack.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
williswall
seeking tailwind

williswall

seeking tailwind
PostFri Apr 26, 2019 11:22 am 
Jeff wrote:
Sure enough the shirt had a bunch of holes after two days of carrying a pack. Might be good for running or boating but a waste of money for carrying a pack.

Interesting, as I have been wearing these for going on 3 years (with packs) and have no wear issues.

--------------
"You run with me, not the other way around. (Cassie re races)

williswall.com
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
RandyHiker
Snarky Member

RandyHiker

Snarky Member
PostSat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 am 
How quickly do the Echo shirts develop permastink?   Especially sayvas compared to the tech tees I bought last fall at CostCo for 1/3 the price of the Echo.

I have a several generations back version of this shirt

https://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens-canyon-pro-long-sleeve-shirt-1764271.html?cgid=mens-shirts-longSleeve&dwvar_1764271_variationColor=088#srule=PriceHighToLow&start=0

I have found it great for many activities where sun exposure is a factor.  The underarm fabric is a very fine mesh and vents very well.  The fabric on the arms and front is substantial enough to fend off flys, mosquitos and light brush.  It launders well and still smells good enough to wear in town.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Gear Talk > OR Echo shirts
  Happy Birthday LeafEater!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: