Forum Index > Trail Talk > The dog poop bag fairy DOES exist!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSun May 13, 2018 3:33 pm 
We have all wondered if the people who leave dog poop bags on the trail think there is a fairy that exists who picks up the bags they drop right on the trail. Good news, anonymous secret poop bag people, there is indeed a fairy! I’ve passed by these nasty little trail deposits many a time and never picked one up. But today, the offensive bags were too numerous to walk by so I decided to be the fairy. I got at least 12 bags today. All within 1/4 milemof the parking lot. Some were coming out winter hibernation and ready for some fermentation beneath the summer sun. Some were very recently deposited. Anyhow, there is nothing like putting other people’s dog poop in the front seat of my car. We fairies just live for this experience.😝 Is there a pistachio shell fairy out there anywhere?
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy
The dog poop bag fairy

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wolffie

wolffie
PostSun May 13, 2018 6:08 pm 
I don' understand dese people. Dog sh##, albeit noisome, is at least biodegradable. Dog sh## in a plastic bag is not. So if you're just gonna leave your dog turd on the ground, what does the bag accomplish? Someday, as Dog sh## Fairy Godfather, I'm gonna hafta send Al to have a liddle talk wid 'em, and make 'em an offer they can't refuse.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
pula58

pula58
PostSun May 13, 2018 6:41 pm 
Today at Teneriffe Falls trail I saw a bag sitting there, filled with poop. I saw it on the way up, I saw it on the way down. It seemed to have been abandoned. I tell ya, many days I have severe doubts about the human race. Is this freedom, or selfishness? O.K., rant over. Peace

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun May 13, 2018 7:06 pm 
I scooped my dog's poopage into a bag and set it behind a tree where I left it to be picked up by me on my way back. That's what I do. On my return, I found the bag in the middle of the trail. I picked it up and packed it out as planned. I don't know how it got into the trail.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostSun May 13, 2018 7:22 pm 
Thank you, dog poop cleanup fairy!

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Just_Some_Hiker

Just_Some_Hiker
PostSun May 13, 2018 7:29 pm 
wolffie wrote:
I don' understand dese people. Dog sh##, albeit noisome, is at least biodegradable. Dog sh## in a plastic bag is not. So if you're just gonna leave your dog turd on the ground, what does the bag accomplish?
This is exactly what I think every time I see an abandoned dog sh## bag (which is almost every time I hike on a popular trail). It would take way less effort to just let your dog sh## on the trail and then fling it into the woods with a stick.

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSun May 13, 2018 8:14 pm 
Don’t get me going on the pistachio shells at every obvious lunch spot. dizzy.gif

huron

huron
PostSun May 13, 2018 8:34 pm 
100 karma points for Roly Poly. It is easy to understand these people. They don't want to be seen leaving poop on the trail. They also don't want to carry it. So, they bag it assuming somebody saw the deed then drop it when nobody is looking. Now, how bout those 4 hoofed manure factories? Maybe we should hang the dog bags above the trail at about seven feet?

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSun May 13, 2018 9:24 pm 
I always wondered what a dog poop bag fairy would look like. For some reason, my friend Roly Poly didn’t come to my mind when I was thinking this, but thanks for your public service. You deserve some kind of award! up.gif Oh, and we spotted one in a grocery bag along the Greider Lakes trail today...

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon May 14, 2018 6:54 am 
Plogging-- Its become a thing. https://www.citylab.com/life/2018/03/plogging-exercise-trash-running/554456/ One way in which social media and millennials are doing something good says this old fart.

Hikerdood

Hikerdood
PostMon May 14, 2018 8:27 am 
Last summer at Margaret's way (squak mtn) there was a dog poop bin overflowing with poopy bags and then when that was full people decided to place more poopy bags around the base of the can. It was gross!

bwalt822

bwalt822
PostMon May 14, 2018 11:28 am 
treeswarper wrote:
I scooped my dog's poopage into a bag and set it behind a tree where I left it to be picked up by me on my way back. That's what I do. On my return, I found the bag in the middle of the trail. I picked it up and packed it out as planned. I don't know how it got into the trail.
Why don't you just carry it? An animal or another dog could have dragged it out onto the trail. They might drag it to somewhere where you can't find it next time.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon May 14, 2018 11:42 am 
bwalt822 wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
Why don't you just carry it? An animal or another dog could have dragged it out onto the trail. They might drag it to somewhere where you can't find it next time.
Yes; bwalt is right. I frequently put previously-hidden bags of poop in the middle of the trail. 9.9 times out of 10, the well intentions are forgotten, or the placer of the poop can't find the poop, or were never there in the first place; so I put it out there to be picked up, hopefully by the dog owner. (dog poop is toxic to wildlife) When I'm volunteering, I have to pick it up when I see it, and carry it around with me all day, or all weekend. It's illegal to leave bags of poop anywhere in wilderness.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon May 14, 2018 2:59 pm 
I do carry it on the way back. I'm not hiking on a jam packed Pungent Sound trail. It hurts nothing to stash it and pick it up on the return. Wasn't in wilderness either. Use common sense instead of being so darn righteous. Nothing is hurt. It's not like I'm demanding that a parking lot be enlarged! You chose to live in a large and growing population center. Nothing close by is going to be pristine.
Oh, my dog pees in water too.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon May 14, 2018 3:32 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
I do carry it on the way back. I'm not hiking on a jam packed Pungent Sound trail. It hurts nothing to stash it and pick it up on the return. Wasn't in wilderness either. Use common sense instead of being so darn righteous. Nothing is hurt. It's not like I'm demanding that a parking lot be enlarged! You chose to live in a large and growing population center. Nothing close by is going to be pristine. Oh, my dog pees in water too.
I'm offering suggestions from your musing about why someone (in Central Washington, not Puget Sound) moved the stinking bag of sh## you left on the ground - in Central Washington, not Puget Sound. You worked at twisting words in order to create another opportunity to insult Puget Sound and those of us who consider it our home. This is not constructive to any conversation, anywhere, ever. I'm sure you want to enjoy your retirement; consider finding some friends to help you occupy your time in a happier, healthy manner. And pick up the poop. up.gif

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert