Forum Index > Trail Talk > Aerial photos
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
crock

crock
PostWed May 30, 2018 9:20 pm 
King County has aerial photos from different ten different years going back to 1998 at the counties iMap website. http://gismaps.kingcounty.gov/iMap/. Along with the 5' contour lines (10' contour lines above 1,000' of elevation), I find this pretty interesting and useful for exploring and hiking. Does anyone know if other Washington State counties have similar aerial photos and topographic information available electronically?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed May 30, 2018 11:12 pm 
I used to have to go to the County assessor's office and buy them for about $5. bucks a pop. Big format - like 30" x 30". Weird blue printing on them, like a blueprint. Earliest image I was able to procure for Section 20, Township 16, Range 3 East was 1958. Josh Latterell (UW Fisheries) sourced a lot of his from USFS for his studies on LWD in the Queets River and was able to procure aerial images that dated back to the 1930s. Didn't even know they had them in digital format.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostThu May 31, 2018 5:39 am 
crock wrote:
Does anyone know if other Washington State counties have similar aerial photos and topographic information available electronically?
Thurston county does, I believe. I don't know the exact link at the moment. I think I'd start with the county assessor's office website to begin a search. Maybe all county assessor offices have this data, or similar.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Schroder

Schroder
PostThu May 31, 2018 4:20 pm 
The Department of Ecology has aerial photos over several time periods back to the 1940's in their Coastal Atlas

Snowday

Snowday
PostThu May 31, 2018 4:48 pm 
The CWU Geography department has aerial photos for Kittitas, Yakima, Benton, and Douglas counties. http://www.gis.cwu.edu/geog/historical_airphotos/