Forum Index > Trip Reports > Icicle Ridge trail 1570 north of 4th of July LO 6/1-2/2018
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSat Jun 02, 2018 6:53 pm 
I wanted to test out a winter hammock configuration before it got too warm and Steve was curious about the condition of Icicle Ridge trail 1570 going north from the LO and down into Cabin Creek. We camped near the LO and talked about the extent of our next move. It depended on snow conditions and my remaining energy level. We had no snow travel gear with us and I expended a lot of my energy on the hike up.
Cashmere
Cashmere
Rock Rose on trail
Rock Rose on trail
Junction to the top
Junction to the top
Junction to the LO
Junction to the LO
There are still remains of ridge top drifts and cornices covering the trail but we were able it follow it down into the first basin.
Steve messing with his camera
Steve messing with his camera
Tr 1570 goes down into this basin then around the foreground high point center left, then down into Cabin Creek
Tr 1570 goes down into this basin then around the foreground high point center left, then down into Cabin Creek
The Cashmere block right flank contains basins with Vicroria Lake, Cara Lake and Ruth Lake.
The Cashmere block right flank contains basins with Vicroria Lake, Cara Lake and Ruth Lake.
In the center horizon you can see  the snowy face of Grindstone Mt, drainage of Ida Lake, Big Lou and Big Jim.
In the center horizon you can see the snowy face of Grindstone Mt, drainage of Ida Lake, Big Lou and Big Jim.
Pretty flowers
Pretty flowers
The trail looked good as far as we went but all reports about the bad part are after you drop into Cabin Creek. Even Steve didn't want to go that far and my feet were starting to hurt so we turned back to camp and he continued on toward Leavenworth to the big horse camp while I ate dinner.
My hammock near the LO
My hammock near the LO
Steve with his Big Agnes Slater
Steve with his Big Agnes Slater
I always let my daughter and son-in-law know where I am going since they live in Leavenworth and have both had professional SAR training. My son-in-law said he might take the dog for a run and come up to have breakfast with us. That didn't happen but we did run into him and my brother and the dog up near the LO on our way down.
With Steve and my brother
With Steve and my brother

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mbravenboer

mbravenboer
PostSat Jun 02, 2018 9:57 pm 
up.gif The beginning of the ridge looked really dry from the Snow Lakes trail. Glad to see there is still some snow on top there!

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSun Jun 03, 2018 6:26 am 
up.gif It looks to be melting back quickly I don’t see a pre dawn morning joe pic though.☕️ You got the hammock out like you wanted.👍🏻

Living in the Anthropocene
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSun Jun 03, 2018 8:02 am 
wildernessed wrote:
I don’t see a pre dawn morning joe pic though.☕️
Oh no, I had pre dawn coffee. As you know Steve is not that into getting up in the dark just for coffee so I did it solo. I just didn't post a pic to prove it since that is reserved for only when I am with the famous "Wildernessed"!
Pre-dawn coffee
Pre-dawn coffee

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Jun 03, 2018 4:31 pm 
Looking good. tongue.gif One day, I'll venture up there just to spend the night. cool.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)