Forum Index > Partners > Partner / advice wanted
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Aushiker
Aushiker

Aushiker
Aushiker
PostSat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 am 
Gday, I am an outdoor educator from Australia based in Seattle for between June 16- June 24 and super keen to go hiking / tramping / bushwalking or for any advice on walks that are accessible without a car? If anyone has any trips planned and wouldn’t mind someone tagging along that would be ace. Cheers Tom

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
northwesthikertoo

northwesthikertoo
PostSat Jun 16, 2018 7:03 pm 
There’s a program called Trailhead Direct that has weekend bus service from Seattle to trails. I wasn’t able to copy the link in this response, but just Google Trailhead Direct and you should be able to find it.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Jun 16, 2018 7:52 pm 
Welcome to the site, Aushiker. up.gif Looks like most everybody is out doing the trail thing - be patient waiting for a reply here. There was recently a thread about Mailbox Peak and the newly-instituted shuttle service to the trailhead: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8027023 You may find some other links in that thread that may provide you with more information. Sorry I'm not able to offer much help other than that.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
huron

huron
PostSun Jun 17, 2018 9:33 am 
Search "Issaquah Alps" for some small hikes within a bus or Uber's range of downtown. I-90 Highpoint exit trailhead for Tiger Mountain would be convenient. You can also start those trails 2 miles closer just South of Exit 18. A little further out on the same highway are some beautiful day hikes off I-90 where the shuttle mentioned can drop you off. Tramping is also popular at Highpoint.

Bernardo

Bernardo
PostSun Jun 17, 2018 5:19 pm 
Are you looking for day hikes or backpacking trips? Good news is that you are in hiker paradise!

Aushiker
Aushiker

Aushiker
Aushiker
PostMon Jun 18, 2018 9:14 am 
Thank you all so much for the responses. I was looking at multiday camping trips and it looked like the parks to to the east of the city were a little limited. The vast volume of beautiful pictures and trail reports in the Olympic national park had really excited me. It looks as though the more interesting parts of the National Park are inaccessible without a car frown.gif. Beautiful part of the world you live in!!

Bernardo

Bernardo
PostMon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm 
Look at Caltopo for online maps of the hiking trails along I-90, the Snoqualmie Middle Fork, or Snoqualmie Pass including the PCT. There is plenty of great hiking there that is relatively accessable. You can see primal forests, wild rivers, Alpine lakes, and hike peaks in this area. If you identify something that looks interesting, many here would be happy to discuss the pros and cons, how to get there, the first time they went there in 1934, etc. wink.gif