Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > is Solstice Day known for strange behavior?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Jun 21, 2018 4:56 pm 
I go to Boeing Creek Park all the time, usually everybody over there is friendly and within the parameters of what I would consider fairly normal. Today the first person I encountered, I was on a narrow section of trail by the creek. I got as far over to the side as a I could get so he and his dog could get by. I said hello. He had no verbal response, not only that but his reaction was as if I was not even there and didn't exist. That was kind of strange and seemed more than a bit rude. Next there were a couple people rustling around in the brush and it sounded like they had a radio control car buried in the brush. Not sure why they would drive it over there rather than out in the open. And shortly after that I stumbled on what I'm assuming was a cosplay photo shoot. A young woman in a fake suit of armor waving around a fake sword. So any one of those things might've been a bit unusual but all 3 one after another and not a single "normal" encounter in the park. I'm blaming it on Solstice Day. I did find some red huckleberries that were tart but juicy and some salmonberries that were perfect, so I had that going for me.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jun 21, 2018 6:23 pm 
The moon is in the first quarter of this month's lunar cycle, so it's not the full moon doing it. Mercury does not go into retrograde until July 26th. Maybe it's just the heat. Maybe there's just more crazy people now. The red huckleberries (V. Parvifolium) are getting ripe already in the green belt behind my sister's house over in University Place - under a 90% canopy cover.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Jun 23, 2018 12:41 pm 
olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
Today the first person I encountered, I was on a narrow section of trail by the creek. I got as far over to the side as a I could get so he and his dog could get by. I said hello. He had no verbal response, not only that but his reaction was as if I was not even there and didn't exist.
Deaf, autistic, on headphones or drugs, would be my guesses.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Jun 23, 2018 1:24 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Deaf, autistic, on headphones or drugs, would be my guesses.
Definitely no head phones, didn't notice any earbuds. Deaf would explain not hearing me but not tunnel vision and not seeing someone right beside him. I hadn't considered autistic or something similar. Anyway, it was a few days ago and no harm done.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostSun Jun 24, 2018 12:09 am 
I just started a new job very, very (very) near there and plan on enjoying the trails of the park as often as I can. Stay tuned for further reports...