Forum Index > The Trading Post > 2 Permits for West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island - "Hike of a Lifetime"
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
klug_

klug_
PostTue Jun 26, 2018 1:46 pm 
Hi everyone - 1st time poster here! I've been struggling to find a good place to connect with other hikers in the Northwest, and finally my buddy David informed me of this site. Very much looking forward to being an active member beyond just this one thread! Anyway - the reason I'm posting is because I have 2 extra permits to the West Coast Trail for next month. I bought 4 of them back on January 8th when the season opened, and within 30 minutes every single day had been booked for the entire summer - both the North and South entry points. For those of you unaware - this is supposedly one of the best hikes in the world which is why it books up months in advance for the whole season. I am assuming there are hikers out there who would LOVE to do this hike, but were unable to get permits. My hope is that through this website, along with WTA.org I can find people who want to go and can take 2 of the permits off my hands. I am not trying to make money on these, just trying to transfer them to someone else so I am not out ~$350. 2 of the people who originally were going to go can no longer attend due to health reasons. If you, or someone you know would like to take two permits for July 7th please either post below or feel free to email me at tyler.klug@gmail.com or text me at 785.577.1230 Really bummed not all 4 of us can go, but definitely want to extend the invite to two others who i'm sure would enjoy it. Thanks so much!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostSat Jun 30, 2018 8:38 pm 
Have you tried posting on Club Tread? The Canadian version of nwhikers. Or portlandhikers.org? As well, can you cancel two of those reservations and get a least some of a refund? If all else fails, you could try selling them when you get to the WCT trailhead office.

klug_

klug_
PostMon Jul 02, 2018 9:32 pm 
That's a great idea, thank you!