Forum Index > Trail Talk > Jade Lake ( Interesting Comment )
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 am 
What that place needs is another dead goat to keep the hordes away wink.gif https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8012748

"Lean mean money-making-machines serving fiends"
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
John Morrow

John Morrow
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 5:09 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
MyFootHurts wrote:
I'd tell Jess to spend more time trying to catch to car prowlers and less time playing internet cop. Or maybe do some trail maintenence.
She does all those things, and a lot of it, in all conditions. So back off. She'd kick your ass when it comes to hiking, scrambling, and getting in the face of jackasses. We still have Jade Lake - the area didn't burn afterall - because of USFS staff like her huffing in & cleaning it up and putting out the unattended campfires. You are free to ignore her suggestions, and trash the forest or allow others to do so if that's what you want to do. Jess, on the other hand is a good steward and I appreciate her work.
I'm with Kim on this....and Jess, of course. I don't know Jess, but I do know she skied Glacier Peak in June '17 with friends of mine I have the utmost respect for.

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”-Mary Oliver “A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.” ― MLK Jr.
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 9:28 pm 
gee and people still ask the stupid question on this sight of whether or not to splatter a trip report about a SENSITIVE area here or on wta..or anywhere on social media... moon.gif moon.gif guess the words out on the jade lake...cross that one off the no people on a weekday list... another great area ruined by BONEHEADED oh oh look where I went REPORT!!!..YEAH LETS ALL HELP IMPACT ANOTHER GREAT SPOT...guess chikamaan is also next up on the list!...lets blab about that lk. to 200,000 people!! I'll read joker commments...those that say oh but it's in a book from 1985...derrrrr. that just doesn't compare to social media or farce book or wta..ect...DUGH!

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 9:33 pm 
forest gnome wrote:
..guess chikamaan is also next up on the list!...lets blab about that lk. to 200,000 people!!
I think you just did.....

friluftsliv
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Jul 14, 2018 9:37 pm 
gee didnt see that commment coming...whatever...notice its miss spelt..? hope we can keep the otherside of jade,no name and the highroute limited on social media reports?...? not sure we can prevent anything with how popular hinking is getting...