Forum Index > Trail Talk > Snohomish County Search and Rescue SAR
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 pm 
(* This is the first time I've gotten a "thank you" letter back from SCVSAR, and thought it appropriate to share it with the hope that it will provide some impetus for others here to support volunteer Search and Rescue organizations. If you're not in Snohomish County, and wish to contribute to your local SAR organization, a quick Google search will lead you to your local County SAR group. *)
Snohomish County Search and Rescue, in their letter of Sept. 14, 2018 wrote:
September 14, 2018 Dear Sir or Madam, Please accept our thanks and sincere gratitude on behalf of the individuals and families we serve, for your generous contribution: January 1, 2017 through September our teams deployed on 93 missions, logging 7260 volunteer hours. Generosity like yours is the backbone of Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue, and no words are strong enough to convey the tremendous debt of gratitude we owe you for choosing to support our mission, That Others May Live. Your contribution is critical in allowing us to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day/365 days a year. To learn more about the organization you support through your gift, I invite you to visit our Web site at www.scvsar.org Gratefully yours, William Buck President, Board of Trustees Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue
(* Contributions can be sent via snail mail to: SCVSAR, 5506 Old Machias Road, Snohomish, Wa. 98290 or can be made online at the link provided above. *) (* This is not an attempt to resurrect any old or closed threads, and this thread has nothing to do with any current or past SAR operations. The sole purpose of this post is to provide to those interested the contact information needed to support SCVSAR. Thank you in advance for not derailing this thread with tangential or superfluous commentary. *)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 2:16 pm 
Ski, that's cool that they sent you a thank you letter. I'm going to mention to them that perhaps they might want to use up to date info on mission hours, though. clown.gif

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 2:23 pm 
The "thank you" response letter was certainly not something that I expected or anticipated, but it did prompt me to post it here in the hope that more members (particularly those who have recently joined as a direct result of a recent SAR operation) might be persuaded to chip in a few bucks - every little bit helps. Helicopter time is running about $1200.00 an hour now, right? I look at it as cheap insurance. Some day I may do something incredibly idiotic and find myself the subject of one of their operations. I figure if I pony up a few bucks beforehand, I might not feel quite so stupid (or guilty.) Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, though. wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostFri Sep 21, 2018 2:45 pm 
Ski wrote:
I figure if I pony up a few bucks beforehand, I might not feel quite so stupid (or guilty.)
We gladly take donations after we rescue you as well. clown.gif Yes, helo ops (for Snowhawk10, our Huey) is about $1200/hr. That includes fuel and regular scheduled maintenance. I do not think it includes unanticipated repairs and other costs. Helicopters are really expensive to maintain and operate.

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!