Forum Index > Trip Reports > Luna Peak 7/31-8/1, 2018
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
WolverineWay

WolverineWay
PostTue Aug 21, 2018 5:38 pm 
DadFly wrote:
We did the Swan Crest a few times in a day with minimal gear. About 20 miles and 9000 feet up and down. Check it out.
Do they also call this the Alpine 7 trail, starting from the north end out of Columbia Falls? I was up there in early July trying to mountain bike (aka hike-a-bike), but I also skied from the Jewel Basin trailhead in April with the new Flathhead Valley avalanche center directory, Zach Guy. We snowmobiled up the road and did this day tour on skis. Another good reason for pushing the limits of daylight! https://www.strava.com/activities/1499531348

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DadFly

DadFly
PostWed Aug 22, 2018 8:27 am 
Jewel Basin is quite a way north. But I don't know of any name for this hike. I have not been there for 30 years at least. We just looked at it from Lake Inez and did it. I have done a couple other hikes in the area. Benchmark to Holland Lake. North Fork of the Blackfoot in and out. My parents had a little cabin on Lake Inez. We hiked from the house in Missoula to the cabin on lake Inez a few times too. And there is the great story of Smoke Elser's wife running into my father in the middle of the Bob picking berries. Just a rain jacket, wool shirt and pocketknife. They invited him to dinner and gave him a bed for the night. Last they saw him he was heading cross country toward Swan pk. If the Iron Man competition would have started a few decades earlier dad would have smoked it.

"May you live in interesting times"
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message