Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostMon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm 
Ski wrote:
sir
You flatter me. Either that or you are addressing me in an ironic sense. hahahaha Rumi <~~~~~peasant

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostMon Aug 13, 2018 1:32 pm 
Getting completely naked to take a crap is the way to go if you don't want that risk factor of getting it on your clothes! Or shoes!

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Aug 13, 2018 2:12 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
Getting completely naked to take a crap is the way to go if you don't want that risk factor of getting it on your clothes! Or shoes!
Not during high bug season. Better to work on one's aim while squeezing off a round or two than to get bitten where the sun don't shine. After 35 years of pooping in the woods I have yet to drop one on my foot. I'm usually dehydrated enough to not even need TP. A clean break.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
asdf

asdf
PostMon Aug 13, 2018 3:16 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
It's a real power move.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostMon Aug 13, 2018 3:38 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
hikers have exploded in the last several years
Although it occurs with considerably less frequency, an exploding hiker is a far bigger mess to clean up.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Aug 13, 2018 4:45 pm 
lol.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
bertman

bertman
PostTue Aug 14, 2018 5:01 pm 
I was on the Pete Lake trail from Salmon La Sac a few weekends ago. It's nice that people bagged poop, but seriously, PLEASE don't leave it right by the trail. What do you think is going to happen? A trail fairy will pack it out for you? sigh Apparently I am a trail fairy. I ended up carrying two out. The first was in a blue bag. I think it was animal from the heft. The second was in a yellow garbage bag.
I'm not positive but it had a lot of heft. I had a gallon size ziploc so I shove it into there, along with other trash from the PCT. I did not think I could fit a third one in, so had to leave that one.

slabbyd

slabbyd
PostTue Aug 14, 2018 5:09 pm 
Will never, ever camp at the Cascade Creek campsite on the shoreline trail of Lake Chelan again. A very small alluvial fan located at the base of a very steep slope, it sees far more visitation than an area that size can really handle. In the springtime the supposed pit toilet is located across an inaccessible stream. Every weekend day in spring 20-30 backpackers jump off the boat at Prince Creek and race each other the six miles along the lake to get a site here. Apparently they've just held it all day and can't wait to drop their drawers anywhere they can. There were turds everywhere. Under a rock in the middle of a tent site, 1 foot away from the edge of tent site. I walked carefully and made sure not to flip over any rocks. Shoreline Trail is an amazing spring backpack and who doesn't want to camp right next to the lake but pass this one by folks. It's not worth it.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 pm 
HOW TO sh## IN THE WOODS: The Amazing Benefits of Pooping In the Woods; How It Saves Lives; And a Guide on How to Do It Effectively https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DN1N769/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BU4CBb3W663EW

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 pm 
Quote:
How to Do It Effectively
SRSLY?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
GrnXnham

GrnXnham
PostTue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 pm 
I actually appreciate it when people use lots of toilet paper. This is a great way of warning other hikers that there is poop in the area. The TP stands out. The poop blends with the forest floor. The only time I've ever stepped in poop is when there is ZERO TP to be seen anywhere! C'mon, you people...use at least half a roll of TP and spread it around about a 10' area. Maybe even hang some of it from the trees. I don't want to step in your poop!

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostTue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 pm 
GrnXnham wrote:
I don't want to step in your poop!
You won't step in my poop because I bury it. I also don't do it near camp, traveling a good ways away so it would be really strange if you found my cat hole. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 pm 
One time I was walking to REI and had to step over poop on the sidewalk. Well, more than once, but one of them I'm pretty sure it was from a human not a dog.

Token Civilian

Token Civilian
PostWed Aug 15, 2018 8:32 am 
If it's good for Frisco, it's good for the forest. https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/heatherknight/article/It-s-no-laughing-matter-SF-forming-Poop-13153517.php On a more serious note, this last winter, the local PCTA chapter built 10 of the pit toilet boxes. As time and resources allow, these will be installed along the PCT. Hopefully, with more of these available in the coming years, that will begin to mitigate the shotgun blast of turds and TP along the trail.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 pm 
I wonder if the dingdongs that are leaving huge wads of TP around in the woods have ever traveled to "untouristised" areas of other countries and had to dispose of their TP in the waste basket instead of the toilet -- or even deal with toilets where there is no TP.