Forum Index > Trail Talk > Bathroom habits, or, people are so damn disgusting
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm 
The Backcountry Bidet is the way to go these days!!! These days all you need to do is just hit a snow patch cause it has that granularty you need for optimum clean. Look,. you just grab a hand of it and wipe and scrape with that cold snow, and only use the TP to dry it off!! OR air dry!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Aug 15, 2018 1:03 pm 
Air dry is the way to go if your getting all strung out abouyt this whole TP situation!! Just wape with snow then air dry!!

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostWed Aug 15, 2018 1:06 pm 
Plus TP if your gonna use it can sometimes be eventually a good nest material for the chipmunks. or similar. I seen 'munks using it before! they don't seem to mind

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostThu Aug 16, 2018 10:52 pm 
When I win the Powerball I'm going to go to REI, Outdoor Emporium, Cabella's, Big 5, etc. etc. and work with them to give out copies of "How to sh## in the Woods" with every purchase of $20 or more.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostFri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 am 
Bedivere wrote:
When I win the Powerball. . .
you're gonna throw a big party dood

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostSat Aug 18, 2018 12:48 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
The number of hikers have exploded in the last several years (blame the internet) and it seems that most are pigs, full of crap, get lost a lot, and drive like maniacs to and from the TH.
....& that part about driving like maniacs is especially true here in SoCal. huh.gif down.gif down.gif There are a lot of stereotypes about CA that don't hold any weight but sadly the one about bad/stupid/idiot drivers is completely spot-on....whether they're on their way to/from the TH or not. I saw a few people on my hike this morning, including 2 over-anxious people w/their pooping 3 dogs. I saw one of them poop right next to the trail (a dog, not a person) & of course the owners showed no interest in picking it up. They'll make the effort to get up early, race to the trailhead, haul out the 3 pooches, race up the trail, but cannot be bothered to bag up the sh!t from said pooches. Lame. down.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 am 
Bloated Chipmunk wrote:
There are a lot of stereotypes about CA that don't hold any weight but sadly the one about bad/stupid/idiot drivers is completely spot-on....
If you want to witness amazingly poor driving skills (not just rude drivers) give Salt Lake City a try. After living in NYC for a couple of years, I have a deeper appreciation of how lousy Seattle area / west coast drivers are. Not that NYC drivers are polite, but they do know how to merge and aren't dazed and confused by a roundabout.

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostSun Aug 19, 2018 8:57 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
Bloated Chipmunk wrote:
There are a lot of stereotypes about CA that don't hold any weight but sadly the one about bad/stupid/idiot drivers is completely spot-on....
If you want to witness amazingly poor driving skills (not just rude drivers) give Salt Lake City a try.
I didn't find SLC wildly bad, at least driving through on the interstate near rush hour as well as off rush hour. People largely even got right except to pass in moderately thick traffic. What I do recall about one of those trips through UT was when I circled down (via the Grand Canyon South Rim) through AZ and then up through the Bay Area to visit friends, the driving took a DISTINCT turn for the worse at around Barstow and it stayed crazy, even late at night, all the way up to Danville. And after some driving around the Bay Area with my friends for a few days, the phrase "too many rats in the maze" just kept echoing in my head. It was such a driving relief when I hit Sonoma on the coast on my way back north from there. However, I saw no poop on the highway.

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostSun Aug 19, 2018 9:39 am 
DIYSteve wrote:
throw a big party
Did someone say "party"? I'm down widdat. Rumi <~~~~~the dude abides

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Brucester

Brucester
PostSun Aug 19, 2018 10:21 am 
Every time I'm at the Granite Mountain TH (i90), that place is filthy! Tp on the floor.... Graffiti on the walls.... Someone has to start caring! This "self serving" attitude has to go! (no pun intended)

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Aug 20, 2018 11:11 am 
I have a difficult time staying "regular" while backpacking...I need one of these at each campsite.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostMon Aug 20, 2018 2:32 pm 
I'll tell you "why" people are so disgusting and are such inconsiderate slobs: Their parenting was severely lacking for one reason or another. They never had to clean up someone else's crap, much less their own. That, and being a slob has somehow become a weird "badge of honor" in some circles. It is cousin to the "bigger, faster, louder, more destructive and obnoxious is better" mentality a lot of meatheads have now-a-days.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Sourstraw

Sourstraw
PostMon Aug 20, 2018 6:24 pm 
I actually was so disgusted by TP in the wilderness that I invented a reusable pee-cloth for women!! What shocked me the most is that the majority of the TP I was finding (and subsequently cleaning up) did NOT have obvious poop on it - indicating that it was likely used by women peeing. I had used a piece of microfiber as a pee cloth for years ... a lot of women use a bandana, but I really felt like an intentional piece of gear that was also antimicrobial would encourage a lot more women to start utilizing it. So far, the reaction from women has been completely astounding - I'm even partnered with LNT to start teaching more about women's hygiene and I'm hoping to do a fundraiser with WTA to raise more awareness. It's something I'm pretty passionate and excited about, because I really feel like we can make a difference in this area with education. smile.gif

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostMon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 pm 
Great idea, sourstraw. The cloth could even come in cool colors. I will take this opportunity to give a plug to another useful tool. Comes in five colors, weighs less than an ounce. Deuce of Spades Sure it's easy enough to dig a good cat hole with your heel in soft forest duff. But unless you're carrying an ice ax, it's nearly impossible to dig a decent hole in the firm ground of much subalpine/ alpine terrain. Evidence on the ground proves a lot of people don't.

texasbb
Misplaced Texan

texasbb
Misplaced Texan
PostMon Aug 20, 2018 8:51 pm 
AlpineRose wrote:
I will take this opportunity to give a plug to another useful tool. Comes in five colors, weighs less than an ounce. Deuce of Spades
That looks like it would slice handily through...my hand. I guess I could leave my knife at home and call it dual-use.