Forum Index > Partners > looking for female hiking partner sobo wa pct 2020 august-ish
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dianalu

Dianalu
PostMon Aug 20, 2018 11:44 am 
Experienced middle age female hiker looking for female partner or partners wanting to do wash section pct sobo later in summer, start first or second week August 2020. 20-ish miles per day pace. I'm out on injury this summer but maybe we could do 1 week trip next summer 2019 to see how we hike together?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
northwesthikertoo

northwesthikertoo
PostTue Sep 11, 2018 8:27 am 
I'm a 59 yr old female hiker. My goal for 2019 is to hike the WA J section of the PCT. I was planning to do it solo, in 5 or 6 days. I'd prefer a hiking partner. At this point, I'm more of a 10 mile a day hiker when wearing a heavy pack. But, I am planning to do much more training before then to get in better shape. Who knows, with the proper motivation, I could become a 20 mile a day hiker. Let me know if you'd be interested in hiking with me.

northwesthikertoo

northwesthikertoo
PostWed Sep 12, 2018 7:54 am 
I'll email you soon!

C J
C J

C J
C J
PostWed Sep 12, 2018 2:43 pm 
Had been hoping to find hiking partner to do more of the PCT. Was focused on last section Rainy Pass to Manning Park, 70 miles with no restock but no partner to do it with. I have Garmin satellite GPS and phone with Earthmate. Just downloaded Guthooks for last trip to compare. Have enjoyed map and compass for fuller view but time to move on. I do have maps for the last 70 and some of Stevens Pass and Chelan where I have already hiked. Open to any trails I have not hiked as too many trails I have not hiked to do repeats. Comfortable with 10 miles a day for planning purposes. For me, it never works out exactly 10 as views, legs, campsite or water tend to dictate my day's travel. Retired with flexible schedule. Just did 30 miles (2.5 days) White Pass to Chinook Pass but heading to Chelan 15-22 with WTA trail crew and no internet access. cjsmith3044@yahoo.com

Mostly about getting to where I am going.
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostWed Sep 12, 2018 3:06 pm 
A gentle reminder that a safer, more private way to convey personal info, such as e-mails and phone numbers, is through private PMs.