Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Forms are dying
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
tom roy

tom roy
PostSun Feb 08, 2015 9:03 pm 
New types of media on the Internet in the near future are here.Time moves on this site is drying IMO. And others like it.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostSun Feb 08, 2015 10:38 pm 
tom roy wrote:
Ñew types of media on the Internet in the near fututure are here.Time moves on this stre is drying IMO. And others lime it.
ok..... uhh.gif

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 12:16 am 
Lime is good, especially with tequila or a vodka tonic..

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 1:38 am 
Great idea. We need snaphikers.net where TRs disappear after an hour. That would let people write about lakes named after bathroom fixtures and horses' footgear without getting skewered for revealing sekrits.

Nisquaww
Hot balls

Nisquaww
Hot balls
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 9:31 am 
I'll have what Tom is having please.

"Why do you have a beard?" "I don't have a beard. It's just the light; it plays funny tricks." ~ Shel Silverstein
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 10:56 am 
tom roy wrote:
Ñew types of media on the Internet in the near fututure are here.
So the future came early? If this is so where are all the fusion reactors? confused.gif
tom roy wrote:
Time moves on this stre is drying IMO.
Oh, I get it now, so we are stuck in some kind of sub-space anomaly and our time stream is starting to dry up? Sounds like an episode of Star Trek!
tom roy wrote:
And others lime it.
uhh.gif Not even I can come up with a sci-fi explanation for this, what does lime have to do with anything? dizzy.gif Perhaps Tom is not speculating about the apocalypse, and is merely coming here from the internet realm of poor grammar and hideously short messages known as Twitter. That would explain why his post is less than 140 characters and he hasn't finished most of the words. I suspect he is here as the prophet of social media to warn us of the impending demise of real communication, and the inevitable ascendance and domination of the like, fave, and retweet. With such instantly gratuitous websites available why should we bother to dull old formz? wink.gif I may dabble in twitter, Google Plus, and Facebook (Horrible as it may be), but for the most part this is only to boost viewership of my website. I will always prefer longer and more complex communication on forums and via email. Some things just can't be said in 140 characters or less, and for this reason forums will never die.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 11:22 am 
This forum and similar ones are dying. You can get better trip reports now on WTA and Washington Hikers and Climbers FB group. Things change. I agree that it is a great place to troll.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
tom roy

tom roy
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 11:44 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
This forum and similar ones are dying. You can get better trip reports now on WTA and Washington Hikers and Climbers FB group. Things change. I agree that it is a great place to troll.
Yes blogs facebook private sites are replaceing these sites. People have more control of what they share and post much better media. BTW I dont drink booze and I am no troll.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 11:47 am 
tom roy wrote:
BTW I dont drink booze
....auto-incorrect then?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
tom roy

tom roy
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 12:23 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
tom roy wrote:
BTW I dont drink booze
....auto-incorrect then?
I was using a first generation Kindle Fire. My wife got it for me years back when I was down for weeks after major back and Rotator cuff surgery. I can not get the auto correct to work and it is not much bigger than my Galaxy S-5 phone that works a lot better you just talk into it. I thought I would see what the past was like. My lap top and LG pad are what I normally use on the couch. I have a very bad back and can not sleep sometimes. Try posting over tired and in pain sometime with a old Kindle fire. I know what I am and calling me a drunk or druggie just shows the immaturity of the poster.

tom roy

tom roy
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 12:26 pm 
NacMacFeegle wrote:
tom roy wrote:
Ñew types of media on the Internet in the near fututure are here.
So the future came early? If this is so where are all the fusion reactors? confused.gif
tom roy wrote:
Time moves on this stre is drying IMO.
Oh, I get it now, so we are stuck in some kind of sub-space anomaly and our time stream is starting to dry up? Sounds like an episode of Star Trek!
tom roy wrote:
And others lime it.
uhh.gif Not even I can come up with a sci-fi explanation for this, what does lime have to do with anything? dizzy.gif Perhaps Tom is not speculating about the apocalypse, and is merely coming here from the internet realm of poor grammar and hideously short messages known as Twitter. That would explain why his post is less than 140 characters and he hasn't finished most of the words. I suspect he is here as the prophet of social media to warn us of the impending demise of real communication, and the inevitable ascendance and domination of the like, fave, and retweet. With such instantly gratuitous websites available why should we bother to dull old formz? wink.gif I may dabble in twitter, Google Plus, and Facebook (Horrible as it may be), but for the most part this is only to boost viewership of my website. I will always prefer longer and more complex communication on forums and via email. Some things just can't be said in 140 characters or less, and for this reason forums will never die.
You need to venture out on the internet and see some of the beautiful blogs and private sites hikers and climbers share.This is not ten years ago.

tom roy

tom roy
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 12:41 pm 
I corrected of the original post it was pretty funny. lol.gif Obviously the Leaders do not stick to their zero tolerance of insulting people for bad grammar. wink.gif I use a lot of forms. When I have question about my trailer, motorcycle and cars. They are a invaluable source. But for sharing outdoor experiences there are much better options. But still a good source for passing on conditions.

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 1:24 pm 
tom roy wrote:
You need to venture out on the internet and see some of the beautiful blogs and private sites hikers and climbers share.This is not ten years ago.
I run just such a site myself, blogs have always coexisted with forums.
tom roy wrote:
I use a lot of forms. When I have question about my trailer, motorcycle and cars. They are a invaluable source. But for sharing outdoor experiences there are much better options. But still a good source for passing on conditions.
I've found that a healthy forum is often an invaluable source of information. I think what you are trying to say is that the trip report section is obsolete and not the forum as a whole. For me this would actually be true, I tend to write about my trips long after they have occurred, and I usually write them in the style of a magazine article. However, many people don't want their own website, but still wish to share their experiences with others. For them the trip report sub-forum is perfect, and years of accumulated posts have created a huge wealth of detailed descriptions of trails and routes complete with photos that are often more detailed and helpful than any guidebook when planning a trip.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
iron

iron
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 2:16 pm 
tom roy wrote:
I use a lot of forms. When I have question about my trailer, motorcycle and cars. They are a invaluable source.
is it like a w-2 form that you use?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Feb 09, 2015 2:21 pm 
For some reason I keep reading the title as "Forms are drying".