Forum Index > Gear Talk > Intriguing new quilt/sheet combo (Zenbivy)- any thoughts?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnManic

MtnManic
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 6:04 pm 
https://zenbivy.com/collections/light-bed-collection Personally, I've used a FF down bag for over 20 years, a bit too long for me (there were no women's bags when I purchased in those dark days long ago), and never used a quilt. I am considering a quilt, either as a supplement to, or replacement of the bag and this is quite interesting. I do toss and turn at night, so having the freedom to move freely rates highly in my view (it's doable in the bag, but a bit of a pain). Anyone know of anyone using? (There are a few - very few - Utube reviews.)

Backpacking: limited to one pack at a time. Cameras: limited to as many as I can carry.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
canadug

canadug
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 pm 
I have two quilts made by this company: quilt Awesome product and made in America. And these fitted sheets made for thermarests: fitted sheets

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 pm 
Can't comment on that one specifically, but I very much prefer a quilt to a bag. Also prefer zipperless, even though it's a little bit less convenient. The zipper in a down bag failed once and I spent a very cold night out.

Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostTue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 pm 
I bought an EE quilt last year and I love it. I use it when the nights are mid 40’s or above. I like it because it’s lighter by a pound than my bag and much easier to move around under get out of. ( just fling it off as opposed to unzipping.... ) love that !!!!! But if temps are in low 40’s or below, I prefer my WM bag. I will say, the down does move toward the feet over time but that’s easy to address. I think I have a 40 degree quilt and after using it for a while, I could have gone for a 30 degree one. The weight savings is a big factor for me, so I wouldn’t be inclined toward a sheet system. The quilt is about a pound, maybe less.

When I grow up I wanna play.
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostWed Sep 18, 2019 9:28 am 
I made a fitted sheet for my NeoAir several years ago. I don't like laying on a bare pad as I most often sleep without clothes. I don't like attachment systems for quilts which is why I went with a FF Flicker that has a full zip for colder conditions. I wear a fleece hat when it gets cold enough for that. Anyway, it is fairly easy to make your own fitted sheet with minimal sewing skills like me. Find a comfortable light-weight fabric and some elastic to sew onto the ends and one to link the two sides to keep it staight. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."