Forum Index > Partners > Looking for a partner to climb Mt Rainier the 14-15th of September
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
vvvassily

vvvassily
PostMon Aug 06, 2018 3:34 pm 
Hello, I'm travelling to Seattle mid-September and want to climb Mt Rainier. Anyone interested and available theses dates: 14-15th of September ? I'm a climber form Switzerland and have climbed many peaks around the world, Best regards, Vassily

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildcat

wildcat
PostMon Aug 06, 2018 3:52 pm 
PM'd. For general interest: what route? Snow levels are currently pretty low and it's somewhat difficult to get up by some of the most popular routes due to lack of snow bridges to my understanding as the mountain is already into last year's snow.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Aug 06, 2018 4:32 pm 
FWIW: September typically has some of the poorest conditions on Mt Rainier. Trying to climb Mt Rainier on a set date, while a very common practice, has a poor track record of success and great track record of troubles. Weather on Mt Rainier is highly variable and climbing in poor weather on Mt Rainier is often deadly. Also the technical skills needed to climb Mt Rainier with a reasonable safety margin are somewhat unique to Mt Rainier in the "lower 48" -- what sort of training and experience do you have climbing other glaciated mountains?

vvvassily

vvvassily
PostMon Aug 06, 2018 4:41 pm 
Hi, I want to climb the classical route for Paradise and Muir camp. I totally understant that the weathar can be not on my side, but that's the only dates available for me, as I'm travelling from Europe. So if there will be no weather window for theses dates, than it will be for the next time:) Also I understand that's the end of the season, but even if it's more challenging than in summer, I'm sure it can still be done. I've climbed some peaks in Europe: Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufour Spitz. Also have climbed Denali in 2013. And other stuf. In summer 2017 with a friend we tried Mt St Elias, but didn't reach the summit due to storm. So will organise a new expedition next summer 2019; if someone interested let me know...smile.gif Best, Vassily

wildcat

wildcat
PostThu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 pm 
For the curious, this trip did happen and it was a phenomenal success to the Summit of Rainier. Although I didn't get the chance to join them, I did climb with Vassily on another earlier occasion via this partners ad and can vouch for him being an excellent climbing partner and super awesome guy!

vvvassily

vvvassily
PostFri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 am 
Yes ! Thank's Wildcat;) It was an amazing climb, starting at 8 PM in Paradise and arriving at summit at 6:30 AM with the sunrise. Climbing conditions were still very good, after camp Muir the path was easy to find. Amazing mountain)