Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Prof Cliff Mass on Climate Change "control" effort
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 10:44 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
It's funny how this works...people who actually do use political power to mine other people for resources on the basis of climate 'change' are lauded, while the folks not interested in being cash machines for them... are labeled all kinds of not nice things.
I've been called worse - by better people.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 11:29 am 
Ski wrote:
I've been called worse - by better people.
up.gif up.gif I will vote this afternoon.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 11:39 am 
I haven't received my ballot yet. Maybe I need to go pick up my mail this week. Need a hint on which way I'm voting on this farcical fantasy fraud?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 11:56 am 
A 15 person money spending council with zero personal fiscal or legal liability for their choices and mistakes ( contains only 1 elected person), plus three additional advisory boards (likely to also contain unelected persons)...and the tribes (exempted from the tax), labor unions, and the 'marginalized'...all want your money because climate 'change'. In the event their efforts and expertise fail...they get *more* of your money. Vote accordingly.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
catsp

catsp
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 12:14 pm 
Thanks to this thread for all the information and insight. I felt a little under informed and was on the fence, but now think I have sufficient info to decide. I'm a yes.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 pm 
Ballots were mailed last Friday. Mine came on Saturday. I am predicting this measure will pass because of the SOMETHING must be done mindset. Throwing money at something feels good, I guess.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm 
Then hand wave the mistakes and costs to everyone, and implicitly validate the fustercluck practice of awarding failure more money and power, instead of less.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:00 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
I am predicting this measure will pass because of the SOMETHING must be done mindset. Throwing money at something feels good, I guess.
“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.” - H.L. Mencken

jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:13 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Ballots were mailed last Friday. Mine came on Saturday.
Actually, you can vote even earlier. I voted a couple weeks ago after contacting Auditor and explaining I’d be gone. I think this is new this year. Print your own ballot and mail it in. Easy! https://weiapplets.sos.wa.gov/MyVote/#/login

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:18 pm 
Ski wrote:
“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.” - H.L. Mencken
The goal is causing innocent citizens fiscal harm, so as to inflict sufficient damage to their budgets to force them to do what they wouldn't otherwise choose to do. And to do this harm with full intent. It doesn't matter if you don't like to 'think of it that way', when the fact is, it IS that way.

catsp

catsp
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:21 pm 
I'm really enjoying this "non-politics" climate change discussion. Cuz, ya know, hikers. (Wink wink.)

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:23 pm 
This falls withing the environment/conservation related issues *clearly* spelled out for the forum.

catsp

catsp
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:28 pm 
Of course. Was more just poking fun at the early posts that said Mass' observations were "just the facts" and "non-partisan."

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:31 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
The goal is causing innocent citizens fiscal harm, so as to inflict sufficient damage to their budgets to force them to do what they wouldn't otherwise choose to do. And to do this harm with full intent. It doesn't matter if you don't like to 'think of it that way', when the fact is, it IS that way.
Well, you know that, and I know that, and treeswarper knows that, but unfortunately, as both treeswarper and Mencken point out, "the great masses" are deluded into believing that they're "doing something" in spite of their voting against their own best interests. The talent we currently have in positions of elected offices should be a clear indicator of that fact.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Oct 23, 2018 2:33 pm 
catsp wrote:
"non-politics"
"Stewardship" is all about politics, any way you slice or dice it.