Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What do you put in your ear?
Previous :: Next Topic  
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go

PostSat Nov 03, 2018 4:21 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
You know, in addition to the car-key to remove that pesky earwax.  eyes.gif   
For some good tunes, man!  Obviously, not while hiking  hink.gif  nono.gif   (That discussion can be found on another thread.)

I've always "settled" for the Apple earbuds that come with the product.  When I compromise them by inevitably yanking the cord on a kitchen drawer handle or other fixture, I can still buy another for under $30.  I also have some random Bose lightweight headphones, but still looking to up my listening satisfaction a bit. suuure.gif   From reviews, seems the more expensive wireless AirPods are similar in sound quality, but I would probably end up misplacing one of them.  uhh.gif

--------------
"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go."
(Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart)
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve

seeking hygge
PostSat Nov 03, 2018 4:58 pm 
I use a Bluetooth ear bud like this. I'm single-side deaf (inner ear removed, #8 cranial nerve severed 5+ years ago) so I can use only one ear bud. Sound quality is quite good. FTR, I listen more to podcasts than music.

Are you looking for buds or headphones? Either way, wireless is the way to go to avoid wires.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia

Murse
PostSat Nov 03, 2018 5:46 pm 
DIY, I know this is off topic but I'd be interested in hearing the story behind that surgery if you don't mind telling it  huh.gif you don't hear that very often (no pun intended)
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostSat Nov 03, 2018 7:03 pm 
I had to get earbuds because of the horrible music they play at the gym.  I've found them nice to have on rainy neighborhood walks when I need to get out, too.

I must not be very sensitive to quality because the $10 ones from the discount store work as well for me as friends' expensive ones.  But my advice would be to choose based on features like battery life, and fit if you have the opportunity to try them in.
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve

seeking hygge
PostSun Nov 04, 2018 3:00 pm 
PorcupinePhobia wrote:
DIY, I know this is off topic but I'd be interested in hearing the story behind that surgery if you don't mind telling it  huh.gif you don't hear that very often (no pun intended)

I'll shoot you a PM
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm 
I got some really nice bluetooth Bose earbuds last year, and they're so much better than any of the cheaper earbuds I've ever tried! Whats more, they seem to be super durable, they work as well today as when they were new.

--------------
Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight

coated in DEET
PostWed Nov 07, 2018 10:05 pm 
I keep two options in my work computer bag, as I tend to work in alternate locations.

1. Regular Apple Lightning Corded headphones.  Handy for long conference calls. No messing around with charging, batteries, or special storage containers.

2. Bose Quite Comfort Noise Canceling Bluetooth.  I occasionaly take a long bus ride to a distant work location.  Makes for a much more enjoyable ride not hearing any motor or road noise.  Not ideal for anything active due to the size, but perfect for times when you want to remove all the world around you.

I don't use either at home, so no kitchen hazards.  My telecommute desk has a pair of Presonus powered monitors.  I have a main audio system in the front room with Magnepans.

--------------
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...  ― Henry David Thoreau
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What do you put in your ear?
  Happy Birthday Flash Gordon, raz2sea!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: