Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > parcel post shipping regulations
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostThu Sep 15, 2022 4:07 pm 
Is there some new regulation about shipping... UPS tracking indicates my package is out for delivery but instead the UPS will deliver it to the local USPS to deliver my package.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Sep 15, 2022 4:32 pm 
Generally, the U.S. Postal Service will NOT accept packages from UPS or FedEx. I run into this ALL the time with shippers. I do NOT take deliveries at my residence - everything goes to a PO box. (Guess how many packages have been stolen off my front porch in the last 25 years?) I instruct them to ship the items to: MY Name Street address of local post office - with the PO box number following. City, State, Zip Code Have YET to have a screw-up doing it that way. YMMV - depends upon what sort of cooperation you can get from the SUPERVISOR at your local postal station.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Schroder

Schroder
PostThu Sep 15, 2022 4:35 pm 
Ski wrote:
Generally, the U.S. Postal Service will NOT accept packages from UPS or FedEx
Not true at all https://www.ups.com/us/en/supplychain/solutions/mail-innovations.page
Quote:
We have the infrastructure, systems and reach to transport mail and parcels through the entire mailing cycle. Whether you're mailing across the country or the world, we integrate with postal systems for final mile delivery. We can provide cost and performance improvements, too.
No different than Amazon delivering to local post offices for final-mile delivery

rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostThu Sep 15, 2022 7:00 pm 
Schroder wrote:
quote="Ski"]Generally, the U.S. Postal Service will NOT accept packages from UPS or FedEx
Not true at all https://www.ups.com/us/en/supplychain/solutions/mail-innovations.page[/quote] Agreed. See UPS drop pallets of Amazon packages daily at our local USPS location.

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Sep 15, 2022 8:43 pm 
thanks. it's been a point of contention with this local postal branch for years. big signs posted: "no ups / no fed ex"

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Sep 15, 2022 9:52 pm 
Ski wrote:
thanks. it's been a point of contention with this local postal branch for years. big signs posted: "no ups / no fed ex"
Yes, the Post Office near me has those signs, but those are to discourage people with packages they have attached a UPS or FedEx shipping label they have printed at home from dropping the package into a USPS facility. Where I live the UPS store is across the street, the FedEx store/Kinkos print shop is a 1/4 mile away. But if you live in Ronald, which has a post office, the nearest UPS drop off location is many miles away. Out in rural areas -- it would make sense for UPS/FedEx/DHL/Etc to partner with USPS for "last mile" deliveries. https://www.shipbob.com/blog/how-last-mile-delivery-works/#:~:text=UPS%20and%20FedEx%20will%20often,their%20way%20to%20do%20so.