Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Picture Lake with Mount Shuksan photos?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
rhughes
Painter

rhughes
Painter
PostSun Nov 11, 2018 6:11 pm 
Mount Shuksan
Mount Shuksan
Several years ago I created this image as a digital painting using a reference photo of the scene that I had taken. Now I want to create a new digital painting of the scene and can't find the file of the photo I took. I'm hoping that some kind soul out there might have a good photo of this scene that they would allow me to use for reference for my digital painting. The painting will be for my use only and not for sale. Thanks in advance for any help.

rhughes Painter Author of North Cascades Beautiful: An Artist's View Author of 100 Beautiful Views of Glacier National Park RoyEHughes.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostMon Nov 12, 2018 3:37 pm 
I'll bet you can get digital files for some of these images on the inter-googlewebs: https://www.google.com/search?q=mt+shuksan+reflection+lake&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS819US820&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibxIus9c_eAhVDMn0KHX0GDpMQ_AUIFCgC&biw=1280&bih=882

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Schroder

Schroder
PostMon Nov 12, 2018 6:10 pm 

rhughes
Painter

rhughes
Painter
PostMon Nov 12, 2018 6:59 pm 
Hey Schroder, Old guys rule! By your posting this image I'm assuming that you are granting me permission to use it for reference for a new digital painting. If not, let me know. If my new painting works out I'm definitely more than willing to send you a print of the results. If you happen to have a larger, higher resolution of this photo that you'd be willing to let me use, I'd be delighted. However, this one will work with a bit of work. I'm pumped to give it a try and see what comes of the effort. I recently had a smaller painting that I'd done of my dog printed at 30 x 30 inches and it turned out fantastic. I'm hoping to do something like this with the Picture Lake image. Again, many thanks.

rhughes Painter Author of North Cascades Beautiful: An Artist's View Author of 100 Beautiful Views of Glacier National Park RoyEHughes.com