Forum Index > Partners > Baker circumnavigation summer 2019
Previous :: Next Topic  
PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia

Murse
PostThu Dec 13, 2018 1:00 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Just seeing if there is interest out there for a trip around Mt Baker this summer. I'd like to cross this one off the list, probably in September. I'm thinking 3 days?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
williswall
seeking tailwind

williswall

seeking tailwind
PostSun Dec 16, 2018 2:51 pm 
Not sure what your plans are....all cross country? Here's my trip report for doing this involving biking for a fair portion, but make sure you click on the link in the beginning of the post to access the archived journey of a duo that battled incessant devils club and even took a break to go to the hospital at one point....if this is your plan good luck. I would be interested in a higher ski/skin/hike orbit though......

http://www.williswall.com/willis-wall-blog/2016/8/26/mt-baker-round-the-mountain-823-242016?rq=mt%20baker

--------------
"You run with me, not the other way around. (Cassie re races)

williswall.com
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Pyrites

Pyrites

PostSun Dec 16, 2018 9:41 pm 
I thought it was worth extracting the link inside Willis Walls report.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070720185015/http://www.pnt.org/hessshepbaker.htm

Has anyone seen the mentioned proposal by Bernard Tucker, for a Trail #615, round Baker trail?

Best.

Pyrites
PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia

Murse
PostMon Dec 17, 2018 12:34 am 
I've thought about this a couple of different ways, some obviously conceived in a more sober state than others. Some of the navigation on the west side of the mentioned report doesn't make a ton of sense to me from what I've seen of those areas, but maybe (probably) they knew something I don't. I've piece-meal scouted out about 80% of the route, and will probably just defer to lower elevations and established trails whenever possible. I hope to get out on the west side of the mountain early in the summer and survey a little to fill in some gaps in my knowledge of the that area.

I don't know as I'd bike the entirety of the north end, as some of the best (imo) off-trail bits of the route are up there. I'll keep putting things together I guess.

Thanks for the report, and the link to what sounds like a truly harrowing tramp!
williswall
seeking tailwind

williswall

seeking tailwind
PostMon Dec 17, 2018 7:05 pm 
In revisiting this, if you have done all the research and have a viable plan you can count me in, I'd be up for it. I just had no desire to repeat my bike/hike trip.

--------------
"You run with me, not the other way around. (Cassie re races)

williswall.com
ChinookPass

ChinookPass

PostFri Dec 21, 2018 8:38 am 
Yes! Keep me in mind. I am super interested!
I studied Willis Wall's route last fall and came to the conclusion that I don't know enough about the area to do a cross-country route. But really don't want to do a bike/hike trip just for aesthetic reasons (even though I am a very avid cyclist).
-Jim
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
ChinookPass

ChinookPass

PostFri Dec 21, 2018 9:45 am 
I meant to say, I am totally down for a cross-country route but am not confident I know or can determine the best route on my own at this time. Sounds like a great project though!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Partners > Baker circumnavigation summer 2019
  Happy Birthday payton!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: