Forum Index > Trip Reports > Change Peak 12/15/2018 and Avalanche Mountain 12/31/2018
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snuffy

Snuffy
PostTue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 pm 
Enjoyed a few scramble this last month, Change Peak with a couple folks from NWHikers (Matt, Snowdog and Carla whose NWHikers' username is escaping me at the moment) and Avalanche Mountain with another fellow hike blogger, John Porter (One Hike A Week). Been having some fun making videos from my trips, adds a little fun to recounting the journey. Looking forward to more outdoor adventures in 2019. Happy New Year! https://www.musthikemusteat.com/i-90/change-peak-loop-scramble/ https://www.musthikemusteat.com/avalanche-mountain-scramble-via-snow-lake/

You don't find yourself standing at the top of a mountain without having started out in the valley.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Jan 01, 2019 6:51 pm 
FYI: The "My Gaia" displays "Sorry, you do not have permission to view this item." for me.

Snuffy

Snuffy
PostTue Jan 01, 2019 9:03 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
FYI: The "My Gaia" displays "Sorry, you do not have permission to view this item." for me.
Thanks, Randy! All fixed now. smile.gif

You don't find yourself standing at the top of a mountain without having started out in the valley.
Snuffy

Snuffy
PostTue Jan 01, 2019 9:05 pm 
Jeff wrote:
Which route did you take to Snow Lake? The map shows the summer trail.
If you click on my GAIA, it should show our route, the winter route. Randy has helped to point out it wasn't public yet. smile.gif

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 12:51 am 
It's too bad your view up Burntboot and the Upper Middle Fork was so shaded by the low winter sun. I love that view. This peak has some of the best views around with Chair on one side, Snoqualmie on another, and the crest peaks to the east. I'd say the "winter route" to Snow Lake is a misnomer as there really isn't a reliably safe route when conditions are less than good. I'm not saying you didn't judge them correctly, but unlike Granite where there is a winter route that's dramatically safer under most conditions (wind blown ridge) that's not true here.

Snuffy

Snuffy
PostWed Jan 02, 2019 8:21 am 
Thank you everyone for your helpful comments on the winter route. I misspoke. Our plan had been to take a more winter route my friend has done before so that stuck in my head. Where we turned up the trail, also, continued straight making it seem this was the case. However, despite all the straight up we did cutting the "trail", we ended up close to the same pass above the lake.