catsp
PostWed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 am 

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Jan 17, 2019 10:54 am 
Meanwhile, Oregon does a little bit and sends a bill. Snopark Cleanup on National forest

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jan 17, 2019 1:56 pm 
yeah.... good luck trying to collect a lousy $28 bucks from a deadbeat.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Jan 17, 2019 4:57 pm 
^^^ Good photo in that Oregon article. This is the kind of ignorance and stupid that I just can't fathom. People know the gov't is in a shut-down and basic maintenance isn't being done in the parks. You'd think most would have the common courtesy to bring a bag and pack their picnic trash out. Their cars are right there, for cryin' out loud. Would signs on the doors have helped? "NO SERVICE - PLEASE PACK OUT YOUR TRASH" A box of trash bags for people who didn't bring any? What? If the trash cans had been removed, would people have just thrown their picnic waste around? That old Mencken quote re "underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people" could be appended to include bad manners and inconsiderateness. rant.gif shakehead.gif As usual, volunteers have come together to take care of the crisis; but this is self-inflicted and unnecessary. Are these the same idiots who loot during an evacuations? I just. don't. get it. Would Europeans do this in their countries? I somehow doubt there's an equivalent of this kind of "ugly American". banghead.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood