Forum Index > Partners > Winter camping / scrambling partner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
AdamG

AdamG
PostMon Dec 03, 2018 8:08 pm 
I'm looking for someone interested in winter camping. My goal is to go out and camp once a month. I'd also be interested in scrambling or day hikes. I previously had a partner, but he moved away. I'm reasonably experienced, having snow camped a handful of times both in the dead of winter and the spring. I've snow camped at Baker, Icicle Ridge, Granite Lakes, and the Enchantments to name a few. I am reasonably happy with my gear. I travel on snowshoes; I have no idea how to ski. I'm a member of the Mountaineers with formal scrambling training, but it's so difficult to get on their trips these days. I'm AIRE level I trained. I don't climb and have no plans to learn. I'm a guy, in my thirties, professional, in reasonable shape, and have all of my own gear. I don't care who you are as long as you're fun to be with. You can bring a friend or partner if you want. Unfortunately, I'm in a one car household, so I'd need a ride to wherever we are going. I usually repay in dinner and/or beer, but can probably give a bit of cash if needed. Who's in? References provided upon request :-P

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
collshut
Backpacking fool

collshut
Backpacking fool
PostSat Feb 09, 2019 5:12 pm 
Hi Adam, Maybe this is a bit late, but I'm definitely interested in winter backpacking. I grew up in WI and know all about the cold, but don't have much experience as an adult camping in it. However I do have a decent gear setup (0 deg bag, 4.9 R sleeping pad, 3 season tent), but don't have the cash at the moment to drop on an avalanche beacon. I live in Shoreline and can drive, Sat into Sunday or Wed into Thursday are best for me. Let me know if you want to put a trip together. -Collier

collshut
Backpacking fool

collshut
Backpacking fool
PostSat Feb 09, 2019 5:18 pm 
I'm also a member of the mountaineers and have taken their Wilderness navigation course, B3 Course, Avalanche Awareness, and have been backpacking since 2011 in AZ, CO, Peru, and WA, and I've got decent snowshoes.