Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Last night on the Viaduct. Impromptu party before shutdown. (Sheriff's Video)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 pm 
So last night in Seattle the Alaska Way Viaduct shutdown for good after sixty years of service. I drove it on Thursday and Friday, but I missed out on the party. haha On Friday night about an hour before closing I came down Columbia Street on the on ramp and headed south to the West Seattle Bridge. I could see hundreds of cars streaming northward into town--like a morning rush hour almost. People were taking a 'Good-Bye' drive. Little did I know that many would stop, park, and hang out. I found this video in the West Seattle Blog the next morning. It's footage from the Sheriff's helicopter--infrared (I believe) night vision video. The Viaduct and the city---lower Market, Pioneer Square and the Waterfront in particular look really interesting this way. It's an amazing tour of the Viaduct north and south. Even some fireworks at the end. Everybody looks mighty happy our there. Go FullScreen for best results.
Note there are thousands of people coming in early February to walk, tour, bike and run the Tunnel and the Viaduct. Tickets are free, but they are going fast. Here's some links: The event is StepForward. Some are sold out, but here's one more start time for Tunnel and Viaduct. Otherwise, it's Tunnel or Viaduct. ~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jaberwock

Jaberwock
PostSun Jan 13, 2019 6:36 am 
1.High end IR video is beautiful. 2.It’s interesting to see the electric cars vs. fossil cars in IR. 3.Hope nobody got busted.

flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostSun Jan 13, 2019 8:20 pm 
up.gif

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSun Jan 13, 2019 11:43 pm 
The one time graffiti would have been appropriate, and apparently there wasn’t any. Best.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!