Previous :: Next Topic  
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock

One of the boys
PostTue Jan 29, 2019 1:25 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Just dropping in to show off my new home made daypack http://mosswalks.blogspot.com/2018/12/my-new-pack-4.html

I'm still hiking in the Olympics and blogging about it.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots

Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm 
ranger rock wrote:
Just dropping in to show off my new home made daypack http://mosswalks.blogspot.com/2018/12/my-new-pack-4.html

Good for you, good that you've done it, and especially good that you survived your "teachers", and parents non-guidance. That really makes me angry that some people think that's the way to teach anyone anything. They should have been relegated to digging road ditches - by hand! Grrr!

Nicely done!

--------------
"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
RichP

RichP

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 4:46 pm 
Great looking pack. I may try to make my own own day too.

--------------
Without obsession, life is nothing. John Waters
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
NWtrax

NWtrax

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 9:20 am 
way to persevere, it looks great!
yukon222

yukon222

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 am 
That is really cool, making your own pack!  Turned out great.  I know I'd have zero idea on how to even figure out the initial cut sizes of fabric, let alone sewing them together.  Well done!! up.gif
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock

One of the boys
PostThu Jan 31, 2019 6:02 pm 
moonspots wrote:
ranger rock wrote:

Good for you, good that you've done it, and especially good that you survived your "teachers", and parents non-guidance. That really makes me angry that some people think that's the way to teach anyone anything. They should have been relegated to digging road ditches - by hand! Grrr!

Nicely done!

Thank you, that is funny.   Oddly my father always threatened me with I would grow up to be a ditch digger if I did not do well in school.  Secretly I thought that sounded kind of fun.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
meck

meck

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 6:28 pm 
Looks great RR!

--------------
*Just say NO to FRS (f-blankety-blank-ng rent seeking, Software as a Service etc.)*Algorithmic solutions (you already paid for) don't "expire"*
blendergasket

blendergasket

PostSat Feb 09, 2019 3:27 pm 
Thanks for the detailed write up and pics! My back is super finnicky and I've been thinking of making my own pack. Ideally I'd like a pack with a seekoutside type suspension system and a running vest style harness. I think I'll probably have to work up to making that though...

--------------
"He who would understand the Book of Nature must walk its pages with his feet"
~Paracelsus
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Gear Talk > New daypack
  Happy Birthday Old Whiner, Scanfield!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: