Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pt. Defiance 02-11-19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm 
Went for a walk down to the Park earlier today. Left home about quarter after two and headed down Pearl Street. I was actually kind of surprised to see snowplows and people driving up and down Pearl, considering I've got almost a foot of snow in my back yard and the street out in front is barely navigable. There were some people taking advantage of sledding opportunities in the big bowl near the Park entrance. I walked past them, around the caretaker's house and the pagoda, and then out to Five Mile Drive. Cut through part of one of the trails taking off from the Rhododendron garden which took me over to the west side. There were a lot of trees down on the trails and on the roads. The maintenance crews will be busy when this melts off. Got out to the Point at about quarter to four, according to two gentlemen I met who were walking. Sat down and did a bit of reading in the old WPA picnic shelter at the Point. The walk back out took almost two hours. The snow on some of the open areas of the road was mid-calf deep. A gentleman riding a bicycle with four-inch-wide tires passed by me, and one solo hiker who seemed oblivious to the lateness of the day. The snow turned to rain after I got out of the Park and headed back home via Vassault Street. I was pretty wet, but still warm, when I got back home just after dark. * there are a couple boo-boos, and there was nothing I could do about the noise from the wind blowing, but you'll get the idea:

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 pm 
That was a rather ... uh, hypnotic pairing, Ski. Nice read. Thanks! flowers.gif

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message