Forum Index > Trail Talk > Full Body Yoga Stretching Routine after Hiking
Previous :: Next Topic  
walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld

Walking Nature World
PostWed Mar 20, 2019 6:32 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
In today's video I will share with you my favourite full body yoga stretching routine. This is a compilation of the different yoga postures that I find to be the most effective to release the sore muscles. I love doing it several times a week while I am on a long hike of after having the intense exercise routine. It is also great for the whole body relaxation and creating the meditative state of mind.  So let's begin!

Watch the full video here:

Thank you for joining me here for this stretching routine. Hope that you enjoyed this practice! I am curious to know what stretching routine you prefer, let me know in the comments.

--------------
We are a young couple who loves hiking, nature walking and camping. We choose walking over driving and other types of transportation whenever we can. Also we have a Youtube channel where we're showcasing all our hikes.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostWed Mar 20, 2019 7:53 am 
This post seems to be miscategorized.  It should be in the Saloon, or (if you're imaginitive and humorous) "gear".
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostWed Mar 20, 2019 9:56 am 
The research shows that stretching doesn't help muscle soreness from weight lifting.  "Active recovery" like going for a walk or bike ride does, although sometimes at the expense of feeling more fatigued.  Stretching is heart for mobility though.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld

Walking Nature World
PostWed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 am 
You can be right, but it feels good to stretch the muscles from time to time to release the tension especially from the back. And I still feel like the combination of stretch and active recovery works best.

--------------
We are a young couple who loves hiking, nature walking and camping. We choose walking over driving and other types of transportation whenever we can. Also we have a Youtube channel where we're showcasing all our hikes.
RichP

RichP

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 3:00 pm 
I tend to think of stretching as injury prevention. One morning last week I noticed that somebody had thrown a beer can in my yard. It was early and I went out to pick it up and slipped on the ice. I didn't fall but I tweaked my back trying to catch myself. I should have stretched first.   biggrin.gif

I liked the video routine.

--------------
Without obsession, life is nothing. John Waters
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld

Walking Nature World
PostWed Mar 20, 2019 3:35 pm 
RichP wrote:
I tend to think of stretching as injury prevention. One morning last week I noticed that somebody had thrown a beer can in my yard. It was early and I went out to pick it up and slipped on the ice. I didn't fall but I tweaked my back trying to catch myself. I should have stretched first.   biggrin.gif

I liked the video routine.

Sure, it can serve as an injury prevention as well and help in the every day life. Thank you for the great example:)

--------------
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Full Body Yoga Stretching Routine after Hiking
  Happy Birthday Karen², Midnight Slogger!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: