Forum Index > Trail Talk > Parking garage and hotel at Stevens Pass?
Previous :: Next Topic  
thunderhead

thunderhead

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 6:21 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
treeswarper wrote:
I enjoy the "no, you go" way of life.  It's a relief to realize that not everybody is a pushy jerk.

Thats not how you make a road efficient though.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 9:43 am 
Just roll down the window and start yelling "GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!" that's what I do!!

--------------
i ALWAYS camp at the upper lake!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere

Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSat Mar 02, 2019 3:39 pm 
I can't stand the "no, you go" thing.

For crying out loud, learn the rules of the road.  Learn who has the right of way in each situation and then if you have the right of way, take it. That's not being pushy, that's driving in a way that makes sense and makes things as efficient as possible.  There are reasons why we drive on the right side of the road and not any old lane we want.  There are reasons we stop at stop signs and red lights. There are reasons why the left lane on a multi-lane highway is designated as the passing lane.  The reasons are safety and efficiency.

There have been plenty of times when someone has clearly had the right of way but signaled me to go.  I will sit there and not move and ignore them.  I'm NOT going to pull out in front of someone and put myself at risk of being at fault in an accident.  It's not an uncommon scam for someone to let the other person have the right of way then run into them and claim to the cops & insurance that the other person didn't yield properly.

--------------
Photo Portfolio
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
RandyHiker
Snarky Member

RandyHiker

Snarky Member
PostSat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 pm 
Bedivere wrote:
It's not an uncommon scam for someone to let the other person have the right of way then run into them and claim to the cops & insurance that the other person didn't yield properly.

This is why dash cameras are almost universal in Russia and many other parts of the world.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC

cascade curmudgeon
PostSun Mar 03, 2019 10:42 pm 
BigBrunyon wrote:
Round'bouts are unamerican!

You're right.  Traffic circles and rotaries are American.  Roundabouts are unamerican.

--------------
No matter how cynical you become, it's not enough to keep up.  Jane Wagner/Lily Tomlin
FiveNines

FiveNines

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 12:02 am 
Yes.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper

Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Mar 04, 2019 8:00 am 
Guess all this is why you folks have to have bike lanes and trails too. 

Thank goodness I don't live in your world.  I spose you wear your horns out and contribute to noise pollution as well as air pollution. 

Seriously, for the people on this thread who rant about climate change, why are you even driving?   You have public transportation, seem to be athletic enough to be riding a bike, why do you drive?  You are even using up fossil fuels to go......recreate! 

More land cleared for......parking.  More pavement needed which is a major cause of deforestation, which ruins that carbon sink even more not to mention the runoff into salmon streams and Orca habitat. 

Your foot print is mighty big.   Maybe YOU need to regroup and think on this.

--------------
What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Schroder

Schroder

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 10:21 am 
I think we left hotel and parking garage at Yodelin on about the second page
RandyHiker
Snarky Member

RandyHiker

Snarky Member
PostMon Mar 04, 2019 12:19 pm 
The "greenest" option would be to add a station and an elevator to the train tunnel and build a hotel complex at the top of the elevator-- which would be in the flat area just below the loading station for the Tye Mill chair.
Schroder

Schroder

PostFri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 am 
Vail just announced their Epic Pass (and epic prices) for next year
No weekday passes & all adult lift passes will be $106 (26% increase). The season's pass will be $699 or $939 if you want to use it at other resorts. No Senior Pass but a $20 daily rate if you're over 70.  If you're over 90 you get to ski for free!
trestle

trestle

PostFri Mar 08, 2019 11:29 am 
$106 for any day of the week at Stevens Pass?  shakehead.gif

--------------
"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
reststep

reststep

PostFri Mar 08, 2019 12:32 pm 
Schroder wrote:
No Senior Pass but a $20 daily rate if you're over 70.

That's 4 dollars less than this seasons over 70 daily rate.

--------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Schroder

Schroder

PostFri Mar 08, 2019 1:10 pm 
reststep wrote:
That's 4 dollars less than this seasons over 70 daily rate.

Yes, but this year's senior pass was only $79 and an adult weekday pass was $319. That's a big increase.
reststep

reststep

PostFri Mar 08, 2019 1:34 pm 
I guess there are too many old people skiing now.  Looks like they have done the same thing at Crystal Mountain with no more midweek passes or even local passes.

I will have to go to White Pass, Mammoth Mountain, Bridger Bowl or Whitefish.

--------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostFri Mar 08, 2019 3:42 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
I spose you wear your horns out and contribute to noise pollution as well as air pollution. 

One time I saw a guy in stand still traffic on I-5 in downtown Seattle just on a constant honk! Just holding down the horn! The honk never ended in the time it took to walk through the range of hearing it

--------------
i ALWAYS camp at the upper lake!
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Parking garage and hotel at Stevens Pass?
  Happy Birthday Anatoli, mcdemax!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: