Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > assualt or not
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostTue Feb 19, 2019 8:47 am 
some months ago the topic of sexual assualt and misbehavior was brought up. there many and varied responses, some keeping inline with the topic and as usual others drifting far and wide. I suppose i may be off in this offering but i believe it needs to be brought back again... the subject this time is the iconic 'kissing sailor' after the long fought wwii was over and there was great celebrations, rightfully so.. so with that in mind and how our traditions have changed over the years i wonder why that photo which depicts such a joyous celebration could be termed offensive. but alas it apparently is... here is the link.....what do you think? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47287116

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostTue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 am 
lol

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 19, 2019 12:08 pm 
Must be the Millennials, their generation seems to be offended by everything. One cannot have true Freedom of Speech and expression without offending some people. Some are simply too sensitive, while others are not sensitive to the feelings of others. The "Middle Ground" seems to have moved.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Feb 19, 2019 12:23 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Must be the Millennials, their generation seems to be offended by everything. One cannot have true Freedom of Speech and expression without offending some people. Some are simply too sensitive, while others are not sensitive to the feelings of others. The "Middle Ground" seems to have moved.
I note that only men have responded. Times are different now. We are no longer putting up with men grabbing our bodies or forcing us against our will to "just kiss" them. Grab you? Smash their lips onto your face? You ever had somebody force you to give them a kiss? Somebody who is pretty repulsive, but thinks you are obliged to kiss him? It isn't pleasant. Not at all. That was then. This is now. Don't force yourself on ANYBODY, and you'll be OK.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Feb 19, 2019 12:25 pm 
I find it offensive that people are offended by something that happened a LONG time ago. mad.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Feb 19, 2019 12:46 pm 
Get off my lawn!!

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Feb 19, 2019 1:00 pm 
I find it offensive that the objection to offensiveness is not symmetrical. If it is wrong to be offensive and it is not a political weapon, then the concern over offense being given should apply to any and all who are offended.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Feb 19, 2019 1:16 pm 
Locking this to restore focus on outdoor related discussion. Have you thanked someone for their trip report lately?