Forum Index > Trip Reports > Dungeness Spit 2.21.2019
Previous :: Next Topic  
Hesman

Hesman

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 12:30 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
It had been awhile since I last hiked out to the lighthouse on Dungeness Spit. Along with having the week off since the school district I work for has a mid-winter break this week, I had the time to go.

It was a nice sunny day, abet a little on the cold side. I started walking at about 8:30 in the morning and made it out to the lighthouse in a little over two hours. At the lighthouse, I ate lunch, climbed to the top of the lighthouse tower. I didn't stay long since the tide was just starting to come in when I had arrived at the lighthouse. There were also some big waves crashing onto the beach that I figured would make for a challenging walk back. The last 2 miles were slow going since I had to climb over many logs and walk on some thick gravel. Also, on the way back I saw a submarine returning from somewhere. All in all, it was a great walk with some great weather.

Some pics in no particular order....

--------------
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Snuffy

Snuffy

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 5:51 pm 
Such a beautiful spot! Looks like the perfect day for a walk on the spit. 🙂

--------------
You don't find yourself standing at the top of a mountain without having started out in the valley.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots

Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Feb 25, 2019 1:22 pm 
Hesman wrote:
Some pics in no particular order....

Peaceful, especially the video. Nice, and well received. up.gif

--------------
"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hesman

Hesman

PostMon Feb 25, 2019 1:39 pm 
It is always a challenge to find new ways to take pictures at Dungeness since it pretty much stays the same. Doing a video was something different for me to do and I had fun making it and something I hope to do on future trip reports. Itíll be my luck that I will end up wanting fancier cameras for video, but my iPhone and point and shoot camera will suffice for now.

--------------
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > Dungeness Spit 2.21.2019
  Happy Birthday ActionBetty, Andy D.!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: