Forum Index > Stewardship > WA Governor Inslee running a campaign based on fighting Global Climate Change.
Previous :: Next Topic  
MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts

Huge Member
PostThu Mar 07, 2019 1:22 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph wrote:
I don't know much about Politics (not sure I really want too)....it seems that even Democrats on another forum who also live in this state don't care for Inslee, anyone care to tell me why in a Politically Correct Fashion?  tongue.gif

I believe "schmuck" is an apolitical word.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostThu Mar 07, 2019 1:29 pm 
Ok, "Schmuck"..."A Foolish or Contemptible person"....So I get why Howard Schultz is "Contemptible" due to his selling off of the Sonics, but why is Inslee a Schmuck?

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Mar 07, 2019 2:11 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
it seems that even Democrats on another forum who also live in this state don't care for Inslee, anyone care to tell me why in a Politically Correct Fashion?

I used to ID as Dem until I got fed up with everyone.  I'll send you a PM, 'cause we're not supposed to discuss politics here.  But there are a few hints, above.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
timberghost

timberghost

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 am 
zephyr wrote:
Our governor, Jay Inslee

Our governor? you mean your governor
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
MtnGoat

MtnGoat

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 8:27 am 
Such as it is, yes. Ready to spend everyone's time and money fighting...nature. After all, it pulls votes from other people ready to use someone else to fight nature, on their behalf. They couldn't even pass the pork stuffed 'green' tax initiative, so now Inslee figures if he runs on imposing such ideas, it's a sure winner.

We're centuries short of peak oil, and who knows how close to peak hypocrisy.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickgleason/2019/03/10/maine-becomes-the-most-recent-blue-state-to-reject-a-carbon-tax/#32f897c62595

Live your own ideals first and prove they're valid and that one actually believes them with their actions, not their piehole. Inslee will never bear the brunt of the ideas he pushes, but the little people, will.

--------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 am 

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
MtnGoat

MtnGoat

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 10:15 am 
Exactly. When your 'science' isn't, it's the other thang.

--------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr

aka friendly hiker
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 10:48 am 
timberghost wrote:
zephyr wrote:
Our governor, Jay Inslee

Our governor? you mean your governor

Sorry to offend you timberghost.  I didn't realize he was only governor to some of Washington's citizens.   I can change that statement to Washington's governor if that makes you feel better. ~z
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 11:01 am 
What arguments? It 'Twas a joke Son.

--------------
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr

aka friendly hiker
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
What arguments? It 'Twas a joke Son.

Thanks, C.J.  My bad.  ~z
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 2:16 pm 
Thanks. Politics and Religion are touchy subjects, even when the participants have not been drinking. Peace.

--------------
Eric Willhite

Eric Willhite

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 pm 
zephyr wrote:
I didn't realize he was only governor to some of Washington's citizens. 

Do you say that "Donald J. Trump" is your president?  I would guess you say "he is the president"...or maybe you don't even believe that.

--------------
Done with peakbagging, pretty much lookout bagging at this point.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 12:11 am 
Why isn't there a "sarcasm" emoticon?  confused.gif

Nearly positive that Zephyr's response above was sarcastic.

--------------
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostWed Mar 13, 2019 1:17 am 
If someone said our president wants to ___ vs. the president wants to ___ I'm not sure there's much difference between the two.  I wouldn't be offended by either regardless of my personal opinion of our president. Or should I say the president? hijacked.gif
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostWed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 am 
Just don't say "My President"... clown.gif

--------------
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Stewardship > WA Governor Inslee running a campaign based on fighting Global Climate Change.
  Happy Birthday pochac, MidLifeHiker!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: