Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > WA Governor Inslee running a campaign based on fighting Global Climate Change.
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
timberghost

timberghost
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 am 
zephyr wrote:
Our governor, Jay Inslee
Our governor? you mean your governor

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 8:27 am 
Such as it is, yes. Ready to spend everyone's time and money fighting...nature. After all, it pulls votes from other people ready to use someone else to fight nature, on their behalf. They couldn't even pass the pork stuffed 'green' tax initiative, so now Inslee figures if he runs on imposing such ideas, it's a sure winner. We're centuries short of peak oil, and who knows how close to peak hypocrisy. https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickgleason/2019/03/10/maine-becomes-the-most-recent-blue-state-to-reject-a-carbon-tax/#32f897c62595 Live your own ideals first and prove they're valid and that one actually believes them with their actions, not their piehole. Inslee will never bear the brunt of the ideas he pushes, but the little people, will.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 am 

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 10:15 am 
Exactly. When your 'science' isn't, it's the other thang.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 10:48 am 
timberghost wrote:
zephyr wrote:
Our governor, Jay Inslee
Our governor? you mean your governor
Sorry to offend you timberghost. I didn't realize he was only governor to some of Washington's citizens. I can change that statement to Washington's governor if that makes you feel better. ~z

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 11:01 am 
What arguments? It 'Twas a joke Son.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
What arguments? It 'Twas a joke Son.
Thanks, C.J. My bad. ~z

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Mar 12, 2019 2:16 pm 
Thanks. Politics and Religion are touchy subjects, even when the participants have not been drinking. Peace.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Mar 13, 2019 12:11 am 
Why isn't there a "sarcasm" emoticon? confused.gif Nearly positive that Zephyr's response above was sarcastic.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 13, 2019 1:17 am 
If someone said our president wants to ___ vs. the president wants to ___ I'm not sure there's much difference between the two. I wouldn't be offended by either regardless of my personal opinion of our president. Or should I say the president? hijacked.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 am 
Just don't say "My President"... clown.gif

timberghost

timberghost
PostWed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am 
Lets hope he doesn't become that!!

drm

drm
PostWed Mar 13, 2019 12:24 pm 
zephyr wrote:
We are the first generation to feel the sting of climate change, and we are the last generation that can do something about it.
It's a catchy phrase, but not technically accurate. No matter how bad climate change gets, we will always be able to do something about it. We won't be able to prevent it, but it's already too late for that anyway. And for those who doubt we are feeling a sting, see my post from earlier today in the regular GW thread for just one piece of that pie.

Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostFri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 am 

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Brian R

Brian R
PostSun Apr 07, 2019 10:54 pm 
It seems to me a Washingtonian like Gary Locke would be far more qualified to seek higher office than the current seeker--aka Jay Inslee--who seems to be more of a life-long political opportunist. In any event, he's wasting both his time and ours.