DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor

Dirt hippie
PostSat Dec 07, 2019 8:42 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anne Elk wrote:
WDFW et al seriously miscalculated what would happen with wolf-reintroduction,

Wait... What evidence is there that the wolves were intentionally reintroduced?

--------------
~Mom jeans on wheels
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr

Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue Dec 10, 2019 9:20 pm 
I'm sorry about this and can empathize with the stolen trailcam pain. I've had 14 cameras stolen over the past 3 years. I've learned to buy them used/cheap because they have a limited lifetime in the wild, only because of people who don't respect other people's hobbies. In one case they cut down an 8" alder tree to get to the camera that was placed high up using a ladder.

BTW, we were on the south ridge of Iron Peak on Monday and saw a LOT of really big wolf prints in the snow. We were looking for the wolves, but unfortunately didn't get a sighting.

--------------
Mid Fork Rocks ē flickr
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy

PostMon Jan 06, 2020 8:24 pm 
Bootpathguy wrote:
To who it concerns

Okay, you win! I got your message loud & clear. I want to call a truce. I will stop posting all things related to the wolves. You have my word on that. And will you please leave my equipment alone?

Bootpathguy wrote:
I'd like my SD cards back though and any images that are on them.

Bootpathguy wrote:
and like I said, no more posting of wolves on public forums. I've deleted all things wolf related.

Although you haven't agreed, but I feel that's a fair deal. I'd like my SD cards back please. I haven't heard from you. Please contact me via private message. I'll give you my address

--------------
Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor

Dirt hippie
PostWed Jan 08, 2020 11:05 am 
BPG been thinking about you as I've been spending time skiing out of 29 Pines. Really hope you get a resolution.

--------------
~Mom jeans on wheels
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostWed Jan 08, 2020 2:31 pm 
BPG - I've really missed your wildlife cam posts. You've assumed/hoped that the perps read this forum - but maybe they don't.  Might you have better luck putting up a sturdy sign of some sort at the scene of the crime, and maybe also referencing certain pages of this thread on the sign?  Just brainstorming.

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  Itís why we canít have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Camron

Camron

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 3:55 pm 
I plan on going into that area in maybe what areas in there do you suggest?
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 9:18 pm 
Camron wrote:
I plan on going into that area in maybe may what areas in there do you suggest?

For wildlife? Or scenery?

For wildlife? Throw a dart. Late summer, fall, and early winter you'll find wildlife in all areas in the Teanaway

For scenery? The heart of the Teanaway. Any trailhead off the North Fork ( Teanaway River )  Road #9737

In May? Hmmmm... Going to be lots of snow still & the snowmobilers will still be recreating

The earliest adventure snowshoe climb I've ever done in the Teanaway was off trail to Iron Peak and that was in early June. Still lots of snow and some avalanche risk with hanging cornices

But, there are still lots of hidden, off the beaten path destinations

--------------
Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Camron

Camron

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 9:32 pm 
I was thinking lower elevation not so much into the mountains early season i dont what it looks like I've never been there
I just google earthed the area by the teanaway camground saw some kinda mountains areas just to kinda get started before heading up into the real mountains when the snow melts off up there. Just starting so anything I say probably sounds stupid.
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr

aka friendly hiker
PostSun Jan 19, 2020 4:01 pm 
Camron wrote:
Just starting so anything I say probably sounds stupid.

Not in the least.  Your inexperience mixed with candor and curiosity is refreshing on here.  wink.gif  ~z
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > I Told My Wife
  Happy Birthday jackchinook, MLHSN!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: