Forum Index > Trip Reports > I Told My Wife
Previous :: Next Topic  
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy

PostMon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
To who it concerns

Okay, you win! I got your message loud & clear. I want to call a truce. I will stop posting all things related to the wolves. You have my word on that. And will you please leave my equipment alone?

Wolves are a hot topic and sensitive subject. I get it. But you could have sent me a private message or placed a note on my camera sets. I would have respected your request. You didn't have to destroy some of my gear. But I do want to say, thank you for not stealing my cameras. I'd like my SD cards back though and any images that are on them. If my camera captured your image, go ahead and delete it. Will you PM me please so that we can discuss. I'll give you my mailing address.

I was simply sharing my wildlife experiences here with others who are outdoor and / or wildlife enthusiasts. I meant no harm.

I'm actually a pretty nice guy and this is something I really, really enjoy. I want to continue to set trail cameras in the area but I don't want to have to worry about you destroying them. I've always been a outdoor enthusiast, but, I've really submerged myself in outdoor activities since we lost our only son and first born child. It keeps me, FROM GOING COMPLETELY f### INSANE!!! Keeps me from being a ass####! Keeps me from being withdrawn! Keeps me from hating the world! I do it to honor our son and older brother to our 2 daughters. You broke into 3 of my sets, destroyed some gear and stole my memory cards. Thanks for shitting all over us. I'm really deflated right now, and honestly, I feel like crying.

Not cool!

You don't have to be a genius tracker to have located my equipment, but you do need to have the knowledge to know where the wolf pack was, either because you are a wolf & wildlife enthusiast like me, or you have access to a live feed of the GPS collared male. That would be abuse of government privilege & equipment. It's not WDFW, they are way to classy for this

I'm not rich. I work really hard for my money. This stuff is expensive.  Again, please, please, please leave my stuff alone, and like I said, no more posting of wolves on public forums. I've deleted all things wolf related. Once more, thanks for not taking my cameras. Your message is crystal clear. Please PM me to discuss

Thanks!

For NWH members, if you had the opportunity to see the wolf video & images, I hope you enjoyed them. It'll be the last time

--------------
Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Gabep

Gabep

PostMon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 pm 
So sorry to see someone did this to you BPG. I have really enjoyed your posts here in this thread, especially the ones with wolves.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr

aka friendly hiker
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 pm 
Really sorry to see this happen, BPG.  This has been such an exciting thread to watch.  All the different species...and the wolves---amazing.  Like looking back in the distant past.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  Sorry for the vandalism and theft.   frown.gif   ~z
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots

Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Dec 02, 2019 8:54 pm 
Bootpathguy wrote:
...You broke into 3 of my sets, destroyed some gear and stole my memory cards. Thanks for shitting all over us. I'm really deflated right now, and honestly, I feel like crying.

BPG, I'm so sorry to read of this. Further, that you had to be the recipient of some completely worthless person(s) purely stupid behavior.

I truly wish you didn't have to deal with this, especially after the loss of your son.

--------------
"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Nancyann

Nancyann

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 8:18 pm 
I am so sorry and very sad this happened, BPG. frown.gif
Roly Poly

Roly Poly

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 8:38 pm 
BPG, I am so sorry that someone did this to you.  I love seeing your wildlife images.  People can be so disappointing, to put it mildly.  I hope you know that you are appreciated by many on this forum.
Downhill

Downhill

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 9:48 pm 
I am at loss for words.  I always try to keep a positive attitude and open mind to all reasonable points of view.  But these days it's getting hard to not be cynical about the direction of the human race.

Thank you BPG for all your great posts and pics - I've looked forward to these with each update.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated, but sadly it only takes one a#$%hat to ruin the enjoyment of many.
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork

Food truck
PostTue Dec 03, 2019 11:18 pm 
That is horrible!   effin  horrible.   I am really sad and angry that someone did this.    My condolences BPJ.  Your pictures were really nice to see.   That someone would do this really upsets me.  So sorry.

--------------
When I grow up I wanna play.
cdestroyer

cdestroyer

PostWed Dec 04, 2019 7:31 am 
that is a shame that someone damaged your outdoor gear, whether or not it was in someone elses favorite place. to bad you didnt have a second camera to record them.
Brushbuffalo

Location: there earlier, here now, somewhere later... Bellingham in between
Brushbuffalo

PostThu Dec 05, 2019 6:31 pm 
It is always discouraging to read about treacherous theft and destruction like this. My sincere sympathies. I have had three car break-ins and one garage burglary, so I know how maddening this is.
Just today I was watching a YouTube I enjoy ( Mousetrap Monday...no lie) and Shawn reported he had had someone  break into his locked barn and steal or destroy about $1000 worth of his filming gear.
Rampant vandalism is a symptom of humankind's fallen state.

--------------
Passing rocks and trees like they were standing still
Bernardo

Bernardo

PostThu Dec 05, 2019 7:15 pm 
The person who did this probably thinks they are morally superior and this false sense of moral superiority justifies their violence.  You can't bargain with someone like this because the morally superior do not negotiate with the inferior.  It's too bad you feel compelled to acquiesce to their demands because although they may have the upper hand in violence, it is not so in morality.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > I Told My Wife
  Happy Birthday Otter, CampChamp, Wolfman!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: