Forum Index > Trip Reports > I Told My Wife
Previous :: Next Topic  
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere

Why Do Witches Burn?
PostTue Feb 11, 2020 12:27 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Well, guess I need to visit the TR section more often, this is SUPER COOL!

I've had the idea of heading into the Teanaway on a solo trip in summer for a few days with the hope of being able to "shoot" some wolves (yeah, with my long lens) and this post is really wetting my appetite for that.

Thanks for all the great pics and video BPG, and terribly sorry about the vandalism and conflict you're having.

Honestly, I don't see what the issue is.  Everyone knows there are wolves in the Teanaway.  Yes, there are people who subscribe to the "shoot, shovel, shut up" mentality but your pics and images don't really help them unless you're giving specific locations.  I haven't read through every single post to see if you're doing that, but I don't know why you would.

--------------
Photo Portfolio
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
the Zachster

the Zachster

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 3:48 pm 
I just found this thread too, and WOW. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing these images. I've known the wolves are "out there" now but to actually see them makes it real. They are GORGEOUS animals. I can see why you get so much joy and satisfaction from pursuing this. And I hope the person that's hassling you will do the right thing and back off. Thanks again BPG!

--------------
"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Gabep

Gabep

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 4:04 pm 
Good stuff BPG. Those are some beautiful animals thank you for sharing!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork

Food truck
PostTue Feb 11, 2020 5:18 pm 
Wow. That is so cool to see!   Really nice, thank- you BPG for being willing to set up cameras again - just awesome!!

--------------
When I grow up I wanna play.
HermitThrush

HermitThrush

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 7:15 pm 
Very cool. I take this to mean you got your cards back?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Pef

Pef

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 9:01 pm 
Great vids, good to see them posted again, felt like the the AH's had won one when you took them down .

Pat
Galadriel

Galadriel

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 pm 
Everyone on our hike up Hex today was talking about your astonishing videos of the gorgeous wolves.  Thanks for sharing, BootPathGuy!
timberghost

timberghost

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 am 
Those pictures are simply amazing!! You captured some great animals there. I didn't realize there was that many there, no wonder why the area is pretty much void of any ungulate population.
DigitalJanitor
Dirt hippie

DigitalJanitor

Dirt hippie
PostThu Feb 13, 2020 8:16 am 
timberghost wrote:
no wonder why the area is pretty much void of any ungulate population.

Wut?!? We see deer and elk very frequently out there....

--------------
~Mom jeans on wheels
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 9:15 am 
timberghost wrote:
. I didn't realize there was that many there, no wonder why the area is pretty much void of any ungulate population.

The images & videos I posted, might make it appear that way, but with the exception of the solo black wolf, those image & video captures are of the same wolves. 5 to 6 wolves in that pack plus the wandering black wolf, who, up until a couple of weeks ago, does not appear to have been accepted into the pack.

I was out yesterday

and saw a small herd of about 15 cow elk not far from here. See deer all the time.

Anyway, I've actually grown kinda bored with these wolves. Will probably go seek out a neighboring pack or look for evidence of a new pack. I've already found some sign.  It's been alot of fun.

Also, still need to go find a wolverine.

--------------
Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
pcg

pcg

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 10:13 am 
timberghost wrote:
no wonder why the area is pretty much void of any ungulate population.

If that were true, the wolves wouldn't be there. wink.gif
Sky Hiker

Sky Hiker

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 11:37 am 
I happen to know that area very well and the ungulates population is 10% of what is was 10 years ago. As you know then wolves don't need ungulates to survive.
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy

PostSat Feb 15, 2020 7:05 pm 
Set the camera up on the remains of a wild turkey. Snowed quite a bit and the carcass became buried . Cat has a good sense of smell

--------------
Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr

Mid Fork Rocks
PostSat Feb 15, 2020 9:18 pm 
Great videos. I'm surprised a the bobcat's movements seem so cautious -- always looking around. I'd expect a predator to be more bold, not act like a deer.

--------------
Mid Fork Rocks flickr
Kascadia

Kascadia

PostSun Feb 16, 2020 10:27 am 
puzzlr wrote:
Great videos. I'm surprised a the bobcat's movements seem so cautious -- always looking around. I'd expect a predator to be more bold, not act like a deer.

I suspect in this area, whether or not the bobcat is predator or prey depends on what else is in the neighborhood.

Ditto the great videos!

--------------
It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying:
Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > I Told My Wife
  Happy Birthday moosefish!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: