Forum Index > Trip Reports > P3, with views of Defiance
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Vertec

Vertec
PostThu May 23, 2019 10:51 pm 
Climbed P3 today. The trail is ok except the steep section in the trees before the scramble is still a bit water logged and slippery. The scramble is dried out and firm. I wasn't planing a traverse to Defiance, but here's some info: I was able to take good photos of Defiance from P3 hoping to post here before the holiday weekend. But flickr is suffering from its script kiddy brain damage at the moment, so I can't post them. If that heals, I'll try to add them here. The traverse to Defiance has snow on the north side of the ridge, but the exposed rock on the south side is clear. The treed section of the traverse is contains significant snow. Sorry I can't post the photos.... WTF is going on with flickr????

Out There, carrying the self-evident truth I am endowed by my Creator with unalienable rights of self-defended Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Vertec

Vertec
PostThu May 23, 2019 11:58 pm 
Ok, Flickr is slightly less brain damaged: Defiance:
The Traverse:

Out There, carrying the self-evident truth I am endowed by my Creator with unalienable rights of self-defended Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostFri May 24, 2019 8:19 am 
Thats a fun one.

jdk610

jdk610
PostSun May 26, 2019 4:09 pm 
Thank you, I was just wondering about snow conditions on this traverse!

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostTue May 28, 2019 8:40 am 
Vertec wrote:
WTF is going on with flickr????
Major software engineering effort. Some hiccups should be expected, but it should get better under SmugMug's management.
Quote:
You may remember that one of the biggest steps we promised in revitalizing Flickr was to bring it increased speed and stability. Part of that process was re-engineering our underlying infrastructure and moving it all from Yahoo’s data centers and onto Amazon Web Services (AWS), where SmugMug’s photos have been kept safe and secure for years.

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostTue May 28, 2019 12:05 pm 
Ironically, when I first hit "reply" on this thread received an error from this site's phpBB software system ;-) I have a friend who works on AWS and says that most big client migrations to AWS go relatively smoothly. She was surprised by how long Flickr was coughing up furballs. My impression has been that Flickr has always been built and maintained by what those of us in the industry have called "cowboy coders" (i.e. often not following processes that are standard elsewhere for good reason for instance), and this migration suggests they're still on the job since the acquisition.