Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Sam Sayers Recap
Previous :: Next Topic  
Schroder

Schroder

PostWed May 01, 2019 9:34 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Doppelganger wrote:
Hey, just curious about any information or reports that made the south slopes seem more likely than the north/northwest slope?

A witness that came forward saw her descend several hundred feet down the south drainage and a man-tracker found prints consistent with her boots and poles further down the same drainage.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Doppelganger
Gorecrow

Doppelganger

Gorecrow
PostWed May 01, 2019 12:18 pm 
Schroder wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
Hey, just curious about any information or reports that made the south slopes seem more likely than the north/northwest slope?

A witness that came forward saw her descend several hundred feet down the south drainage and a man-tracker found prints consistent with her boots and poles further down the same drainage.

I will need to review the accounts to be sure I am thinking of the same reports. I do recall there was some discussion about whether Sam might have descended S/SW from the summit to get a better vantage point (for a picture perhaps, we can only guess - but Sam (and Kevin when he tagged along) did have a collection of summit shots from places other hikers might not have felt comfortable).

I'm afraid the only witness report of Sam near the summit that I recall as being confirmed was the report of Sam ascending towards the summit, and this was widely touted as the last confirmed sighting of Sam. If there were confirmed (or at least well detailed and objective) reports of her descent, I am not aware of them. I know there was a lot of noise to sort through, and I am not a professional noise sorter.

I do recall the report of the boots and poles, but felt that this was not conclusive since Vesper was already a busy mountain, exploding to a circus for the duration of the search. To satisfy the question of whether the imprints belonged to Sam, 'consistent' needs to change to 'matching', but this is only my opinion.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Aug 23, 2019 1:02 pm 
A year after officials called off search for hiker Sam Sayers, her mother is still looking

Sounds like either sekrit LE info or the poor mom has sucked PI's into some unrealistic fantasy.  Also noticed that Freesolo put up some recent Vesper S slope drone vids on his Youtube channel.

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  Itís why we canít have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
RandyHiker
Snarky Member

RandyHiker

Snarky Member
PostFri Aug 23, 2019 1:31 pm 
Anne Elk wrote:
A year after officials called off search for hiker Sam Sayers, her mother is still looking

Sounds like either sekrit LE info or the poor mom has sucked PI's into some unrealistic fantasy.  Also noticed that Freesolo put up some recent Vesper S slope drone vids on his Youtube channel.

Losing someone as close as a child is indescribably painful.

Being in the presence of your loved one's lifeless body is a powerful emotional experience.

Sam's mother has not experienced the horrible finality of seeing and touching the cold lifeless body of her daughter. 

As intensely painful as that experience is -- it does tend to move one out of the "this can't be" state of mind.

Wish Lisa strength and healing for her loss and her cancer.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Sam Sayers Recap
  Happy Birthday Gil, mtnresqr, KTizzle89!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: