Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Edit: Quincy - Food + Hotels
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Badger

Badger
PostMon Apr 22, 2019 5:16 pm 
Just got notified I am flying to WA for 4 days of training in Quincy. Sadly no time to tramp the trails. Looking for great places to eat. Any suggestions? Edit: Hotels in area. Company is paying for this trip so where is the best hotel ? Don't mind driving if it means I am in a "good" hotel. My plan is to fly into SeaTac, rent a car then drive there. Cheaper and faster than flying from SeaTac. Bob

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Apr 22, 2019 6:25 pm 
If you are flying in via Moses Lake, I like this place: Tacos El Rey Taqueria https://goo.gl/maps/bUuxq8wD7X26ZnmDA It is a low key Mexican place -- not at all fancy -- but it's the sort of place that sells Jarritos soda and Coca Cola made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Apr 23, 2019 8:54 am 
Ephrata is much closer than Moses Lake if you don't want to travel to Moses Lake every evening for dinner. I don't have recommendations, I usually just pull into a cafe; there's a family-owned Mexican restaurant in Ephrata on the right side of the road that I like, but I'm not one to suggest culinary wow! I enjoy just about everything but Granny's Gizzards & Liver Hut. You won't find me recommending a gizzard hut.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostTue Apr 23, 2019 4:20 pm 
Yeah...not a lot of choices in Quincy. Wenatchee is only 30 miles away, and would offer more options.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.
mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostTue Apr 23, 2019 4:24 pm 
Tendrils is fine dining. Located at Cave B winery, only a few miles away. Friends Riviera specializes in Mediterranean food and is at Crescent Bar, again only a few miles away.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostWed Apr 24, 2019 11:44 pm 
The best hotels are in Wenatchee. The internet would be a better guide to pick one than me. Don't know any Quincy hotels. My guess is they'd cater to construction/trades/contractors. Lots of road construction, school construction and data center construction going on in Quincy right now. Doubt you'll find anything on quality level of a Best Western or Comfort Inn in Quincy. Maybe you could wander into a hole in the wall restaurant in Quincy? Or not? I can't say, but am pretty sure they have a McDonald's. I'd recommend these places in Wenatachee. Cooks Corner Small diner atmosphere. S end of downtown strip. Fun. https://cookscornerdiner.com/ Garlini's Great Italian pasta dishes. Good bicycle culture. Many interesting and unique old bikes hanging from walls and rafters. ++ Best in show. https://www.garlinisrestaurant.com/ Chateau Faire Le Pont Fancy winery and restaurant. Good reputation for their food and wine. I can't say anything bad, and can recommend, but too fancy for my tastes, both on the plate and on the check. http://fairelepont.com/ Visconti's Good food. Good service. Reliable. Spendy. http://www.viscontis.com/wenatchee Stay in Wenatchee. Make the commute. Good luck!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Apr 28, 2019 11:02 am 
Define "great". I have found that I like to forage in grocery stores for food. It's usually a healthier way to go. Otherwise, live dangerously and actually go somewhere unknown -- unresearched. You might be surprised. It seems like nobody does anything spontaneously anymore. Be adventurous. I bet there is at least one taco cart in town. Everywhere has at least one. The grocery does have a deli. I haven't explored Quincy but there are motels. This one is fairly new. https://www.redlion.com/wa/quincy/knights-inn-quincy When I was little we ate at a Turf or something restaurant that was smack dab downtown. Dunno if it still exists, but, if coming from Wenatchee, you'd take a left at the stoplight. Ephrata has more stuff and you won't have the terrible Wenatchee traffic to deal with. If you really want something weird, you can always stay in Soap Lake and soak in the Healing Waters of the lake. Rinse off afterwards or you might get itchy. Soap Lake does not have any chain motels so you'd have to stay at a locally owned establishment. I do not know if the old hotel is still there or in business. It was said to have a tap for lake water and a tap for regular water in their bathrooms. Soap Lake is very close, almost connected to Ephrata. Moses Lake is referred to as Moses Hole. There's a reason for that. It's close to the same size as Ephrata, and I can't think of any advantages to Moses Lake other than it has a big airport (used to be Larson AFB) where just about anything can land. Wenatchee sucks. It has too many cars and too few bridges. It can be hard to get around in during rush hours. They've blocked off the sekrit way to get around the downtown traffic. But if you like regular, predictable motels, that's where they are. A friend likes the Cedars Inn in East Wenatchee and that's a fairly easy place to get to and from Quincy--no bridge use.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Schroder

Schroder
PostSun Apr 28, 2019 11:24 am 
There's a Best Western that's about 5 years old in Ephrata. Kim is right about the Mexican restaurant there - it's one of the few obvious choices there.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am 
And I think the really cool Soap Lake hotel burned out. I say out because it was a rock building. Quincy is kind of a bedroom community for people who work in Wenatchee.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Badger

Badger
PostWed May 01, 2019 12:19 pm 
Thanks All! We are staying in Wenatchee and driving to Quincy for the training. Fortunately couple of the guys have stayed here before - did not know they were attending as well. Be interesting to see where they choose to eat. Worse part is have to board my cat for the week. Feel guilty as hell but no choice.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed May 01, 2019 6:53 pm 
Woose.

Badger

Badger
PostWed May 01, 2019 6:56 pm 
"woose" ?