Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostMon May 20, 2019 12:46 pm 
Vertec wrote:
And frankly, TRs from SoCal/Chico or "lower latitudes" have no place cluttering the main TR section of a NW hiking forum. Criticism about TR volume by someone who has made only two NW relevant TRs in four years is just plain "dim".
I don’t agree. I actually appreciate and enjoy reading about trips from other areas.( generally) If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. And look at your own judgements.

When I grow up I wanna play.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon May 20, 2019 2:15 pm 
Looks like the WTA trip reporter did indeed make it back to the trail head; a recent report mentions he was there, watching cars. Then of course another report with really nice photos includes the annoying comment, “what kind of camera do you have?” as if the camera does all the work. (sorry, can’t help but to complain about that; it annoys the bejeezus out of me)

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Gabep

Gabep
PostMon May 20, 2019 3:08 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
Then of course another report with really nice photos includes the annoying comment, “what kind of camera do you have?” as if the camera does all the work. (sorry, can’t help but to complain about that; it annoys the bejeezus out of me)
Thank you Kim. I agree that question bothers me too I thought about not replying at all but figured a generic answer might get the point across. I actually decided to go that day to meet Mato but found out I am bad a reading and dates and got there the day before. Free beer made up for it though.

rubywrangler

rubywrangler
PostMon May 20, 2019 4:49 pm 
Wow - thanks for pointing out those photos, Kim. Beautiful Gabe! I love the top one.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon May 20, 2019 5:07 pm 
Here are the lovely photos that wowed! me. Thanks Gabe, they're awesome.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Gabep

Gabep
PostMon May 20, 2019 8:06 pm 
Thank you two! I have enjoyed many many pictures over the years from both of your trip reports!

Vertec

Vertec
PostWed May 22, 2019 11:24 am 
Brushwork wrote:
Vertec wrote:
And frankly, TRs from SoCal/Chico or "lower latitudes" have no place cluttering the main TR section of a NW hiking forum. Criticism about TR volume by someone who has made only two NW relevant TRs in four years is just plain "dim".
I don’t agree. I actually appreciate and enjoy reading about trips from other areas.( generally) If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. And look at your own judgements.
Maybe a separate place for non-NW TRs? I've mainly expressed caution in believing statements that claim some "Option A" is proven to be better than "Option B", when no proof exists. My expressions are not judgments, but supporting others in making their own judgements. "Whatever works for you" is my mantra smile.gif Regardless of the subject. Your heat/kitchen statement is puzzling. I'm here doing fine. Maybe you are singling some overriding consensus of certain 'Options" (over others) are dominant on this forum, and will cause me to take heat for expressing caution? Of so.. Ok. I've noticed that already and am adjusting my noise filter accordingly dizzy.gif

Out There, carrying the self-evident truth I am endowed by my Creator with unalienable rights of self-defended Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.