Forum Index > Partners > Wonderland Trail (Mt Rainier) 3 night hike August 2, 3, 4
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HikeOr

HikeOr
PostTue May 21, 2019 9:46 am 
Wonderland Trail (Mt Rainier) 3 night hike August 2, 3, 4 Post by orElse » May 21st, 2019, 8:59 am Hello hikers, i obtained a Wonderland trail permit for a group of 5 visiting from Germany early August. Unfortunately, their travel plans fell through. The itinerary is below Entry trailhead: Paradise https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parad ... 121.735661 8/2 • Olallie Creek Camp 8/3 • White River Walk-in Camp 8/4 • Mowich Lake Walk-in Camp Exit trailhead: Sunrise https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sunri ... 121.642959 I am intent on doing the hike myself but i offer 1 or more of the other 4 spots to anyone who wants to experience a "bucket list" backpacking experience. I am an experienced day hiker with a good fitness level but i am patient with hiking at slower speeds (My wife will attest to that:-) . Self-paced hikers or solo hikers are welcome too. Primarily i am hoping for someone to join up and help with the transportation by meeting at Sunrise trailhead with both vehicles and then sharing a ride to Paradise and then back to Paradise on the 5th for vehicle pick up. We can hike as a group or not, i am flexible. If you are interested or need more information you can send me a private message or just reply to this post and i will provide my contact info smile.gif Cheers, John E.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Windstorm

Windstorm
PostThu May 23, 2019 11:59 am 
You might have trouble finding people who are interested in that itinerary. Your distances are pretty aggressive given that a lot of people take around 10 days to hike the entire Wonderland (which averages to less than 10 miles per day). Days 3 and 4 in particular (20+ miles with 5000-7000 feet of elevation gain) would make for really long days, especially when carrying a full backpack.

wildling

wildling
PostThu May 23, 2019 3:37 pm 
So are you traveling counter clockwise? It appears you will be hiking counter clockwise till you get to mowich then headed back the other direction to end at sunrise? Is that correct or will you be attempting the entire circumnavigation in four days? I am very interested. I have completed the trail two seasons ago in 6 days and I am up for another challenge.