Previous :: Next Topic  
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe

NWH Joe-Bob
PostTue Jun 04, 2019 5:54 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
jasonfromtexas wrote:
I switched to a 20 degree Enlightened Equipment quilt and NeoAir pad. I've been warm enough in the low 30's and feel I'd be ok down to 20 with a layer and hat. The quilt has been good for me as I'm a stomach/side sleeper and can't stand mummy style bags. Never going back to a bag.

Only complaint is the noise from the pad. Some earplugs help with the crinkle, but still.

X2 on that set up. I love mine.   up.gif

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

Abraham Lincoln
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
wade63
guitarman

wade63

guitarman
PostWed Jun 05, 2019 7:23 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Okay, well a week of research and wrangling, I'm going for the enigma 20. I will try to return my bag to REi to recoup most of the cost. It had 700 duck fill, no wonder I was cold at under 2# bag. 25 degrees my cold derriere. I'll try this with the neo uber but may need more insulation. Thanks for the help guys and keep you posted after next weekend trip up the upper baker river valley, 6/14-16. Bought a stock wide, should be here by then.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Gear Talk > lightweight bag and pad issues
  Happy Birthday JPH, straydog!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: