Forum Index > Trail Talk > Need a Ride From Marblemount to Bridge Creek Trail on SR20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
lohester12

lohester12
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 pm 
My brother, dad, and I are backpacking in NCNP in a couple of weeks, and we want to do a loop where we start at Bridge Creek and end at the Cascade Pass Trailhead. We'll need a lift to the start of our trip so our car can be at the end of it. Any offers? Any suggestions on what to do to get a ride? Thanks in advance.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Waterman

Waterman
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 6:47 pm 
Might be helpful if you had a date in mind. I understand plans are fluid and subject to change. But that trail head is pretty deep off the beaten path. Wouldn't be hard to get to the road if you were to ask others headed down the road. Probably have to split up and meet at the gas station or restuarant.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
lohester12

lohester12
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 7:12 pm 
We have the backcountry permits ready, but I wanted to see what people thought before I handed out our specific plans. I guess this was more of a info gathering post and if anyone showed interest in helping, I'd email or personal message more of the details. I'm obviously not from the area, so I wasn't sure how easy/hard the TH was to get to. This helps me get a clearer picture, thanks!

lohester12

lohester12
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 7:17 pm 
According to the map and the backcountry permit, the launch point looks like the road intersects or runs right up on the Bridge Creek trail just south/east of Rainy Pass. Is that the place we would need to start? Any input from anyone who's actually been there would be an excellent help! Thanks!

lohester12

lohester12
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 7:21 pm 
Sorry! Didn't mean to sound rude or entitled! Just wanted to get the gist of what locals or people who have been there thought! We've got some backup plans if this one doesn't work, but I wanted to get a feel for it first. So, if you have any helpful suggestions about the topic, would you mind sharing with me, please?

CarriesNineFires

CarriesNineFires
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 7:49 pm 
You did not come off as rude or entitled at all. I don't know what that was about. I have little to offer other than to confirm that yes, the Bridge Creek trailhead is on Highway 20 at Rainy Pass. Can't miss it. It's a big parking lot with a crapper on the north side of the highway. Try the Partners thread on this site to score a ride.

lohester12

lohester12
PostTue Jul 02, 2019 7:54 pm 
Thanks so much! That clears things up, and I will get right on that in the partners thread. Thanks for the help!

lohester12

lohester12
PostWed Jul 03, 2019 5:06 am 
Got a ride! Thanks for all the helpful posts on here!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Jul 03, 2019 10:39 am 
I don't know if you have time for a side trip to North Fork Bridge Creek Meadows, I'm guessing no, not if you can visit, do. The mosquitoes are bad this year, so far the flies are mostly MIA. Bring permethrin, deet, or whatever you prefer.