Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Borrowing weapons of mass (invasive) destruction
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hatchetation

hatchetation
PostMon Jun 24, 2019 1:14 pm 
Have 20 acres with a pretty well-developed English Holly (Ilex aquifolium) infestation. (at least a dozen VERY mature trees, plus running clusters where they've been attacked in the past.) King County agencies seem to be pretty fond of the EJ-Ject Lance. Having tried mechanical removal, cut-end herbicides, and hack/squirt - I can see why. I could swear I've seen mention of some a local agency which will loan an EJ-Ject+shells for a deposit and reasonable fee. Haven't been able to find it again. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Was it a dream? Land is in Skagit county, I live in King, FWIW.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
iron

iron
PostMon Jun 24, 2019 2:01 pm 
this product was recommended to me by seattle parks for killing off some laurel hedge that has morphed into old growth.

Windstorm

Windstorm
PostMon Jun 24, 2019 2:18 pm 
The King County noxious weeds program says they have injectors available for people to borrow if they want to kill knotweed. You could probably email King or Skagit County noxious weeds to ask about borrowing equipment to kill your holly.