Forum Index > Trip Reports > Three Fingers 7/1/19
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostWed Jul 10, 2019 3:24 am 
Thanks for your report and pics. Good to see things are hanging on up there. Been to lookout once but 28 years of driving Hwy 92 into Granite Falls gives many views/moods of my fave mountain. Boulder River Trail used to go over into Goat Flats??? Is it gone? Anyone try to find it??? Tom

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
lopper
off-route

lopper
off-route
PostWed Jul 10, 2019 6:29 am 
The link from the Boulder River ford up to Tupso Pass has been on many hikers' minds over the years. Evidently, what remains of the old path has been swallowed in thick nasty brush on an icky sideslope. In 2014 I was in the Verlot USFS info center, when I chanced to overhear a scratched up & exhausted fellow relate to the ranger behind the counter his attempt at connecting the dots. "Survival Buswhacking" was a term that I recall being used. The 3 of us agreed that such a path (and maybe a bridge) would be a fine addition to the MLH trail network.

maurella

maurella
PostSun Sep 01, 2019 8:04 pm 
Tom, I looked for the Boulder to Tupso segment in early July. Crossed the ford at the end of the Boulder River trail & bushwhacked up the other side 50 yards or so. Found a downed phone line and a couple of rhomboid trail markers in trees. No trail was discernible not even next to the marked trees. I continued to bushwhack to where I thought it would have crossed Ditney creek but still found no trace.

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi