Forum Index > Trip Reports > ~*The Bonanza, Martin, & Copper Experience*~ 7/4-7/7
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stephen B

Stephen B
PostTue Jul 16, 2019 3:18 pm 
puzzlr wrote: "I have yet to climb Bonanza and need all the encouragement I can get (Gimpilator -- you're not helping" I found Bonanza to be a fun scramble and not stressful at all. We did it two years ago around this time of year. None of the things that are hyped out lived up to expectations IMO: the water over slabs, the transition from glacier to rock, the scrambling. We solo'd the rock up and down - no rappels. Is that encouraging enough? Camp to camp at the pass was like 9 hours if I recall correctly and we lounged on the summit. From camp we summitted Martin the same day (and that is a choss pile of epic proportions)

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jake Robinson

Jake Robinson
PostWed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 am 
I agree with Stephen B. puzzlr, we referenecd your report when we climbed Chimney Rock and I found that climb to be much more intense and stressful than Bonanza. If you did well on Chimney Rock I'm sure you'd have no problem on Bonanza. There's some exposure and loose rock, but overall I think you'd find it to be a fun scramble.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Jul 17, 2019 11:44 am 
Thanks!