Forum Index > Trip Reports > Snoqualmie Mountain (East summit and Main summit) - 7.8.2019
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ragman and rodman

ragman and rodman
PostTue Jul 09, 2019 5:20 pm 
Starting from the Alpental Ski Area parking lot (~3100') we made the short walk across the Alpental Access Road and headed up the unsigned path that took us up to the Guye/Snoqualmie divide (~4200')... where we continued steeply uphill to a dry stream crossing (~4400')... then gained another 150 feet or so and took a less traveled route that led up to the valley (~4700') that separates the SE side of Snoqualmie Mountain and Cave Ridge... where we continued up near the end of the valley before gaining a ridge that led us up to Point 6160+. From Point 6160+ we continued SW along a ridge and scrambled up to the very airy east summit (6200+) of Snoqualmie Mountain... then backtracked a short distance off of the summit block as we gave up 150 feet of elevation before starting an upward traverse underneath the cliffy south side of the east summit that led us over to the col that separates the east summit from the main summit... leaving a short and easy hike up to the main summit (6278'). Leaving the main summit, we went down the popular summit route that took us back down to our car. Marginal views on this mostly cloudy day. 5.4 miles roundtrip, gaining 3500 feet of elevation. Photos, trailhead directions and downloadable GPS track of our trip to the east summit and main summit of Snoqualmie Mountain. ..

"Teanaway 70" Peaks List... a guide to hiking and scrambling in the Teanaway Area. ----------------
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Jul 10, 2019 9:29 pm 
Hey, it turned out to be a pretty good day. Sorry I bailed, but it was the right thing to do. My hike the next day ended up being 7500' of gain. Don't think I'd have made it had I done this too.

Mark Hadland
#thehad

Mark Hadland
#thehad
PostThu Jul 09, 2020 6:10 pm 
Hi puzzlr, what was 7500 feet of gain? I'm looking for something with a lot of vert - Mount Baker in one day has it. I did Adams in one day but it was "only" 6700. cheers Mark

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostThu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 pm 
markhadland wrote:
what was 7500 feet of gain?
St Agnes Ridge Gain is what Gaia said -- not always accurate.

Mark Hadland
#thehad

Mark Hadland
#thehad
PostMon Jul 20, 2020 2:29 pm 
Thank you for sharing - excellent TR, beta, and historical information. That area is on my list as I work my way through the HC 100. cheers