Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What are you doing right now?
Previous :: Next Topic  
reststep

reststep

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 6:58 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hiking the Little Quilcene Trail to the top of Mt. Townsend.

--------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostTue Sep 08, 2020 8:26 pm 
Enjoying another awesome sunset at Ocean Shores.

--------------
ďThe jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mindĒ  Slugman, January 24th 2020
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostSun Sep 20, 2020 9:34 pm 
I am at South Beach in Olympic NP, at the waterís edge, low tide. Stars are resplendent, a beautiful crescent moon just set, after turning several delightful shades of orange, then red.

--------------
ďThe jerking motion of a knee does not reflect the operation of a mindĒ  Slugman, January 24th 2020
neek

neek

PostWed Sep 23, 2020 8:34 pm 
Commenting on a thread merely to move it to the top of the list.
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker

Comfortable
PostThu Sep 24, 2020 6:05 am 
Watching it rain.....it's that season again!!

This quote pretty much says it all.

ďOne day it started raining, and it didnít quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stinginí rainÖ and big olí fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at nightÖĒ

Forest Gump

--------------
"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Sculpin

Sculpin

PostThu Sep 24, 2020 7:48 am 
neek wrote:
Commenting on a thread merely to move it to the top of the list.

Just commenting about a comment about comments.

In the end, we are self-perceiving, self-inventing, locked-in mirages that are little miracles of self-reference.

ó Douglas Hofstadter, I Am a Strange Loop p.363

--------------
Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostFri Oct 02, 2020 3:46 pm 
I am cooling off the brakes on my camper van, maybe 1/3 of the way down from Deer Park in ONP. What a road! Curvy, narrow, steep, cliffy, and long. Luckily it is quite smooth, no potholes or washboarding to speak of.

I drove up earlier today hoping to camp but every spot is taken. And the heavy smoke haze turned the view into a bizarre spectacle. Still itís better than staying home. Iím going to head someplace where the interesting things are close by. The beach, yeah.

--------------
Slugman
Itís a Slugfest!

Slugman

Itís a Slugfest!
PostSat Oct 03, 2020 10:05 pm 
I camped last night at Bear Creek, DNR, no charge for Discover pass holders.

Went to Rialto beach today, the waves were huge. Very foggy and cool. High tide at 2 pm, no beach left.

So I drove up to the Hoh visitor center, and paid $20 for a campsite. Right now is the payoff: a nighttime walk on the Hall of Mosses trail and maybe the other loop trail as well, I forget the name. Iím heading out now, tequila cocktail in hand, expensive headphones playing Prog rock from the Ď70s, advanced lighting technology, and no weed, nope, none at all, federal land, not allowed, so nothing. Really.

--------------
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What are you doing right now?
  Happy Birthday uproar!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: