Previous :: Next Topic  
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Aug 12, 2019 2:08 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Just what we need:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/authorities-search-for-escaped-inmate-in-olympic-national-forest/

Be careful out there this week, folks.

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  Its why we cant have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski
><((((>

Ski

><((((>
PostMon Aug 12, 2019 2:17 pm 
he'll probably turn himself in when he gets tired of eating tree bark.

what a dumb ass... where's he gonna go?

haahahaaa!

--------------
"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. 
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight

coated in DEET
PostMon Aug 12, 2019 2:25 pm 
Ski,
I seem to remember that they had a bunch of turndown-signs that they could use along 101 for  warning of escapees from Clallam Bay.  I recall seeming them 15 years ago, probably still there.

--------------
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...  ― Henry David Thoreau
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostMon Aug 12, 2019 2:41 pm 
Well he was caught trying to escape in the past, I can see why they'd have him in minimum security.

Years ago, an escapee got the idea to hide out in Stehekin.  Thought it would be rural and empty, stood out like a sore thumb when he arrived.  Didn't take long to catch.  I think that last part will be true again.

Edit to add: I clicked the link and it said no!  I've used up my free articles.  So I opened the link in incognito mode and read the article.  The most recent Chrome build hides the fact that you're in incognito mode from the sites you visit.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hesman

Hesman

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 2:43 pm 
I was just in the area of the Olympic Corrections Center last week hiking the South Fork Hoh. Glad it happened after I was in the area.

--------------
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
Gregory

Gregory

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am 
Clearwater is full of crawdads, berries are ripe and plenty of spring chinook to spear in the south fork. LOL
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 pm 
The corrections center is surrounded by State Forest, not National Forest - in fact I think he'd have to travel to the other side of the Hoh River or to Quinnault in order to get into National Forest and not the National Park or State Forest.

--------------
Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Ravenridge22

Ravenridge22

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 2:00 pm 
Escaped Inmate captured without incident.

Peninsula Daily News report
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots

Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Aug 13, 2019 6:05 pm 
Ravenridge22 wrote:

Excerpt: "will conduct an infraction hearing and that if found guilty"... IF? What on earth do they mean "if" found guilty? He was not in his cell, he was not in the facility, he had escaped. What do they mean "if"??? Good grief!

--------------
"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Gregory

Gregory

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 am 
moonspots wrote:
Ravenridge22 wrote:

Excerpt: "will conduct an infraction hearing and that if found guilty"... IF? What on earth do they mean "if" found guilty? He was not in his cell, he was not in the facility, he had escaped. What do they mean "if"??? Good grief!

Procedure and innocent until proven guilty. He might suffer from dementia and just lost control and wandered off..
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Escaped inmate in ONF
  Happy Birthday Beave, Gruenk!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: